Brewer Fanatic

MIL activates Yovani Gallardo from 15-Day DL;

Gallardo vs. Harang. Go Yo!

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/04/20/gallardo-gets-the-start.aspx

Gallardo gets the start

By Anthony Witrado
Sunday, Apr 20 2008, 09:08 AM

Cincinnati - Yovani Gallardo will get the start I learned this morning since Ned Yost said he hadn't made a decision as late as Saturday evening. Gallardo will be activated off the DL today, but there is not official word on a roster move or who will be sent down.

Gallardo is making his first start since last season because of minor knee surgery he had early in spring training. Last season the 22-year old was 9-5 with a 3.67 ERA, striking out 101 and walking just 37 in 110.1 innings. Gallardo entered last season as Baseball America's top prospect in the organization.

The Brewers currently have 13 pitchers on the roster, so probably a pitcher will be the casualty. Carlos Villanueva, Manny Parra or Dave Bush are the likeliest candidates.

Gallardo vs. Harang. Go Yo!

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/04/20/gallardo-gets-the-start.aspx

Gallardo gets the start

By Anthony Witrado
Sunday, Apr 20 2008, 09:08 AM

Cincinnati - Yovani Gallardo will get the start I learned this morning since Ned Yost said he hadn't made a decision as late as Saturday evening. Gallardo will be activated off the DL today, but there is not official word on a roster move or who will be sent dow

The Brewers currently have 13 pitchers on the roster, so probably a pitcher will be the casualty. Carlos Villanueva, Manny Parra or Dave Bush are the likeliest candidates.

I believe Sheets to the DL is an option as well. I believe that is what the delay is about. They are probably examining him as we speak to see if it is necessary for a DL stint.

Archived