Brewer Fanatic

4/20/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Harang): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That at-bat wasn't his fault. He'd have to have a 52" bat to reach the strike zone the ump is giving Harang on the outside corner without lunging at it.

The 3-0 pitch wasn't his fault. That pitch was clearly off the plate. 3-1 was on the corner, at the knees. The pitch was perfect from Harang. With a runner on and 2 outs Rickie should be more aggressive on anything near the zone. 3-2 he swung at the worst pitch of the at bat. Not everything is black and white, 100 percent someone's fault and zero the other. The at bat was partially the Ump's and partially Rickie's typical inability to adjust his approach based on the situation. He basically takes the same approach every time at the plate.....like he's leading off with nobody on base or the Brewers are down 8 runs and we need baserunners any way possible.

Stetter is much better when he actually throws strikes. Would he be more valuable to this team than Turnbow right now? It does not seem like they want to use Turnbow in close situations so Stetter seem more valuable.

Stetter, in a tie game in the 8th.

This will not end well.

You're right. He never should have thrown 3 balls to Griffey. What a terrible performance.

It's shocking how this team keeps finding ways to win despite the ineptitude of their manager. Shocking, really.

The 3-0 pitch wasn't his fault. That pitch was clearly off the plate. 3-1 was on the corner, at the knees. The pitch was perfect from Harang....

But when the strike zone is so far outside the plate, Weeks can't do anything but either a)hope it's so far outside that it's even outside the ump's zone or b)lunge at something. That AB was 95% not his fault. I guess you got me on that.

How stupid is Dusty Baker to bring in Cordero in another non-save situation. Closers are geared for saves. A lot of them struggle in tied game situations.

I'm glad Yost doesn't do this very often.

tie game at home does not have a save situation; you use your relievers in "reverse" order - best to worst.

How stupid is Dusty Baker to bring in Cordero in another non-save situation. Closers are geared for saves. A lot of them struggle in tied game situations.

Are you being sarcastic?

tie game at home does not have a save situation; you use your relievers in "reverse" order - best to worst.

Methinks the Cordero statement may have been sarcasm.

I just don't believe in bringing in your closer in a tie game. Sometimes at home it's OK. But never on the road.

And I don't understand this logic at all. Somehow your closer can only come in with a lead, but your lesser relievers are fine to bring in when giving up 1 run will lose the game?

Archived