Brewer Fanatic

4/20/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Harang): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously. We can't use Shouse (who's pitch count over the past few days I can't find quickly) because we're afraid of overuse. A guy who faces one, maybe two batters at a time. But we can use Gagne for the 4th straight day. If there isn't a question about this to Ned, I might scream.

At one point in the game (about the 6th or 7th) the camera was on Yost and he just had this dazed smile on his face as he appeared to be staring into space.

Did they all go out drinking last night or something?

Hate hate hate to see this one slip out of our grasp

Forgetting about Gagne/Yost for the moment, the scary thing is that the Brewers gave up 1 run in 9 innings and couldn't win. The bats are doing nothing to help what has been a very, very good pitching staff so far this year. On the bright side, we're 11-7, will be a half game out of first, and have played a tough schedule with most games on the road.

For some people it seems like when Yost makes an obvious mistake they still blame the players. Yes Weeks could have gotten a hit in the 10th but we still had a two run lead. Yost made a mistake. His job is to put players out with the best chance to succeed and bringing Gagne out there again was not the best choice. He made a mistake and it cost us.

I'm too upset to go back and re-read, but, as much as I was opposed to using Gagne for the fourth day in a row (I even mentioned it to my wife on the wife home from church this morning, "I doubt Gagne will be available for a fourth day in a row, especially with the 'high' pitch counts, excluding yesterday."), the two pitches that were hit for home runs were actually pretty good pitches.

Encarnacion hits a changeup that is starting to dive low in the zone (I'll admit, it hung a bit, but still a good pitch) and Encarnacion didn't really put a great swing on the ball but managed to get some lift.

Bako hits what looks like a low inside curveball/slider combo that had great location, to me.

Eh, a winning road trip I will take ANY time I can. C'mon, I haven't been able to expect a road sweep in 4 years, why start now?

Have a good day, Brewer fans! Welcome home the team tomorrow!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

How can you blame this one on Torres? And Doug Melvin? Go take a time out.

Torres was in the game to bail Ned out, and he failed. But that doesn't mean that the loss is his fault. That's a pretty hard situation to just walk into after the game should have already been over.

Positives: We evened up the season series vs. Cincy and went 5-4 on the road vs. the Mets, Cardinals, and Reds.

Archived