Brewer Fanatic

4/20/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Harang): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said it before the season started, Gagne will be an effective closer as long as Yost baby's him some. This is just ridiculous and a large part of why I dislike Ned Yost. Stupid, stupid stupid move on his part.

I don't even remember Ned throwing CoCo or Turnbow out there 4 days in a row. I still don't know why he'd do it to Gagne.

I thought last year Coco pitched 6 straight days or something like that. I'm not positive though.

Yes, this sucks, and yes, this is not the first blown save by Gagne this season, but for all of you are saying Gagne sucks, etc., what were you saying during his five saves on this road trip?

it's freaking hilarious how much mismanaging goes on in games like these by Yost...It also doesn't help that guys like Weeks on the team can be counted on to instantly kill/hamper rallies.

4 straight games for Gagne, when there are 4 other arms in the pen with closing experience...get a clue Yost!

4 straight games for Gagne, when there are 4 other arms in the pen with closing experience...get a clue Yost!

Um, it was a save situation. Gagne is the closer. Ned had NO choice. Even if Gagne's arm had fallen off, and he had to go up there and pitch with his foot, he'd have to go in there to get that 2-run lead save.

Post game press conference, April 20th:

Reporter: So, the club currently with a pretty unprecedented pitching staff, 14 pitchers, yet you went with Gagne for the 4th straight day. Why?

Yost: (with an angry, defensive look on his face) He's our closer. He's one of the best. We have him to close games. You know, these things happen.

Archived