Brewer Fanatic

5/9/07 Nationals (Bergmann) @ Brewers (Vargas): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gross again? Is it because Gwynn can't play right field or something? I think Tony has earned himself another start. Especially since Gross started last night and almost cost us the game.

I don't think Gwynn's arm would play in RF. Gross is a better option at this point but Gwynn is closing the gap a little so far when it comes to the plate.

Quote:
The start Vargas is having is really reminding me of that great first half Victor Santos had back in the day.

Except that Vargas seems to be the "Anti-vampire".

Remeber how bad Santos was in day games? Wasn't his era like 3 runs worse in day games?

Yeah I don't get a good feeling about this game. We can't seem to put anything together against this pitcher. His ERA on the year seems to be a pretty accurate reflection of his pitching performance today. He has some good stuff. JJ may be kissing his hitting streak goodbye too.

Archived