Brewer Fanatic

5/9/07 Nationals (Bergmann) @ Brewers (Vargas): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

There is no way you can make a meaningful judgement about Gwynn and Gross based on this season alone because neither has played enough.

Yet, no one disagreed with me when I said I felt more confident pinch hitting Gwynn over Gross at this point this year. Why? Probably because Gwynn is performing better. I wasn't saying Gabe Gross is inept at playing baseball, I'm just saying Gwynn is hitting better right now. I don't need 500 AB sample size to tell me Gwynn is getting the job done with the bat and Gabe Gross isn't.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The nicest part of being 14 games over .500 is our biggest area of disagreement is our 4th-5th outfielder spot in a discussion of Gwynn vs. Gross. When my biggest complaint right now is Gabe Gross' lack of hitting, that makes me happy.

Yes for those who really believe the manager has that much to do with games. Because he has alot less to do with winning and losing than most will believe. Players are just playing better and we are getting just enough hitting and great pitching.

What a pleasant day for a ballgame! For the first time possibly ever, the Brewers' overall winning percentage is greater than their winning percentage in games I attend (hawing record in 2007 is now 3-2).

I do wish the Nats had brought in Ray King, though at least we got to see him warm up. Their pitcher management seemed a little odd. I suppose they weren't expecting extra innings.

Here's hoping that the beautiful dream continues on the road.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yet, no one disagreed with me when I said I felt more confident pinch hitting Gwynn over Gross at this point this year. Why?

I am supposed to disagree with you regarding your own feelings?

No bucksman, you don't feel that way!

Verified Member
Wasn't it just last year that we constantly hovered around 500? May it continue to seem a long time ago... cuz I love this season!
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Yet, no one disagreed with me when I said I felt more confident pinch hitting Gwynn over Gross at this point this year. Why? Probably because Gwynn is performing better. I wasn't saying Gabe Gross is inept at playing baseball, I'm just saying Gwynn is hitting better right now. I don't need 500 AB sample size to tell me Gwynn is getting the job done with the bat and Gabe Gross isn't

I will go on record saying I disagree, Gross is a better hitter and I'd rather see him pinch hit vs a righty every time. Vs a lefty its up to debate though.

Archived