Brewer Fanatic

4/19/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Cueto): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Someone please explain what just happened. All I saw on Gameday is that Bako was ejected and i'm EXTREMELY curious.

Lincoln threw a ball Bako thought was strike three, Bako was ready to toss it around the horn but the ump called it a ball. Bako just kept talking to the ump and eventually the ump tossed him.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone please explain what just happened. All I saw on Gameday is that Bako was ejected and i'm EXTREMELY curious.

When Prince was batting the pitcher threw a tailing inside fastball. It may have been a little in but it looked like a strike, which would have been the third strike. Bako caught it and looking like he was going to throw it to third to go around the horn but there was no strike 3 call. So then Bako started to talk to the ump, and then he turned around and they continued to talk about it and the ump threw him out.

July 3, 2006 was the last time a lefty went yard against Shouse. If he keeps Votto in the park, it's a good move. Oops..

Suppan's lost 2 W's because of cheap HR's, Patterson's into the picnic area and Votto's pop fly today.

For those on gameday, Bako just wouldn't give up arguing balls and strikes. And, he turned around to do it. If he just looked straight ahead and didn' show up the ump, he'd still be in, and teh next pitch still would have worked to K Fielder.

Prince had one of those wry looks on his face after striking out because the pitch he got called out on was 2 inches inside of the one that was called the ball.

Hart needed a 40 inch bat to hit that last pitch.

Wow, this ump is sucking it up.

It's pretty tough on the hitters when he calls pitches in the exact same spot a ball and then a strike on the very next pitch. Hart and Fielder still gotta be swinging though because were or were very very close to strikes.

Like I said before, the move may have been somewhat by the book based on the matchup, but does ned have any feel for the game. Soup was rolling and hadn't given up a hard hit ball for a long time. I think his performance today (not to mention his pitch count) should have allowed him the opportunity to work through that inning. No one was hitting him hard and his command was impeccable.

This is exactly the kind of game that drives me nut against the Reds. I don't know how it's going to work out, but it seems they way too frequently win games they "don't deserve" against Milwaukee. As I noted a few days ago, I was hoping the Crew could do that a bit this year, and they pretty much did on getaway day in St Louis. But now they've played with fire two days in a row, and the odds of getting burned are high.

Hart and Fielder still gotta be swinging though because all 4 of the pitches looked like strikes.

No way those low outside pitches to RH hitters 3 inches off the plate are strikes. And no hitter does anything with them even if they swing.

Like I said before, the move may have been somewhat by the book based on the matchup, but does ned have any feel for the game. Soup was rolling and hadn't given up a hard hit ball for a long time. I think his performance today (not to mention his pitch count) should have allowed him the opportunity to work through that inning. No one was hitting him hard and his command was impeccable.

That is how Yost managed last year though and everyone exploded at him over it. Pitcher would be cruising, give up a couple bloop hits and one hard hit ball, Yost goes to bullpen which lets in runs and everyone says he is an idiot.

That's my problem with the move. It's not like Suppan just gave up a hard hit double to the gap. It was a weak ground ball in the hole between 3rd and SS that just got under Hardy's glove. It's not like his pitch count was high either.

These Reds need to just shut their mouths. Brewers complain a little, but then walk away and let it be. Reds just keep goin' on and on.

Brian and Bill are right though, they are complaining about the exact same pitch; one thinking it should be a strike, one thinking it should be a ball.

Archived