Brewer Fanatic

4/19/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Cueto): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay on gameday that called second strike is exactly where the ball was. This umpire is awful.

I guess I can accept that strike zones may vary slightly from umpire to umpire, but an inconsistent strike zone is completely unacceptable, and Suppan is getting squeezed compared to what Cueto was getting. The first pitch to Encarnacion wasn't even close.

Hey, how about giving Suppan the corner that you just gave to Cueto on 3 pitches?

You know, for about the first 2 months of the season, J.J. Hardy looked like Mark McGwire with the kind of power he had. He hasn't since then, and he never really did before last season. It's just really weird.

yeah gameday shows the 3 called strikes in the 2nd inning vs the Brewers all 6 inches off the plate. Guess Rickie p'd him off by complaining. Then that first pitch to Encanarcian was clear strike..ball was completely over the plate.

You know, for about the first 2 months of the season, J.J. Hardy looked like Mark McGwire with the kind of power he had. He hasn't since then, and he never really did before last season. It's just really weird.

Just a hot streak. Hardy has still displayed 20+ HR power for his major league career if you discount that first half of his rookie year where he was so bad.

I don't know if I'd compare Hardy to McGwire. The whole time Hardy was hitting those homerums he kept insisting he wasn't a homerun hitter. The fact that he's hitting .195 is bothersome, but having 0 homeruns on the season so far doesn't bother me. If he ends up with 15 I'll be happy.

Archived