Brewer Fanatic

Sheets leaves game with right tricep "tightness"; Latest - "is a go" to start 4/29 start vs. Cubs

And That

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,

an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,

world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.

Feed it off an aux speak,, grunt, no, strength,

The ladder starts to clatter with fear fight down height.

Wire in a fire, representing seven games, a government for hire and a combat site.

Left of west and coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.

Look at that low playing!

Fine, then.

Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.

Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the revered and the right - right.

You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers.

Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.

Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting.

Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.

Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.

Watch your heel crush, crushed. Uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier.

Renegade steer clear! A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies.

Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it. (It's time I had some time alone)

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone) and I feel fine.

(I feel fine)

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone) and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental drift divide. Mountains sit in a line

Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev. Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.

Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom!

You symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

And as far as more info to come (I hope I'm wrong), but here's how it will go, unless of course they find something serious tomorrow:

Saturday 4/19: Sheets is feeling all right, status unknown, may have to miss a start, not sure.

Monday 4/21: Announcement that Sheets will miss his next start, strictly precautionary at this point.

Thursday 4/23: Nothing new at this point, Sheets still doesn't feel right, he'll start to get testy with the media.

Sunday 4/26: Sheets put on the 15 day DL retroactive to 4/20.

Tuesday 5/5: Sheets eligible to come off DL, but won't, still not feeling "right."

After that, who knows?

Here are some other guys with strained triceps:

Joe Borowski - went on DL April 15

John Lackey - started season on DL and is expected to return in early May (7 weeks after injury initially reported March 15)

BJ Upton - had strained triceps in spring training, is now playing everyday with the Rays and hitting .300.

JJ Putz - sat out only 2 games in September 2007 with sore triceps

One minor point...that is not a diagnosis. They have not said he has a tricep strain...he simply left the game with soreness in the tricep, so those comparisons may or may not be relevant.

Around 35-40% of the pitchers on the staff will spend some time on the DL this year and over 50% will leave a game with something minor, hard for me to be bothered by this kind of thing. This is completely normal for all pitchers. Staying healthy is a skill that very few pitchers in baseball have year in and year out.

Does anyone remember on opening day when Zambrano left with forearm cramps? Because of his "tough" reputation, it's fine. It occurred to me while watching that game that if that had been Sheets coming out of the game with cramps, there would have been outrage and probably rioting.

When Sheets has to come out of a game, people jump to conclusions so fast. It's obviously not good news, but stuff like this happens.

Does anyone remember on opening day when Zambrano left with forearm cramps? Because of his "tough" reputation, it's fine. It occurred to me while watching that game that if that had been Sheets coming out of the game with cramps, there would have been outrage and probably rioting.

When Sheets has to come out of a game, people jump to conclusions so fast. It's obviously not good news, but stuff like this happens.

I thought about that as well, but quickly realized the two cannot really be compared where injuries are concerned. I can't recall a single time Zambrano has been on the DL, although I have to believe he has been at one point or another. Sheets...well he's been there quite a bit.

'strained triceps' is a lot more important for a pitcher than hitter, as Upton shows. I'm worried by the terminology, because clubs tend to use vague language before they know for sure. Seeing Sheets slapping hands with the team afterwards made me feel a lot better.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

bruce, you may be right. and you may want to enter that into wikipedia that right now.

interesting tidbit from minn-clev game... they pulled c. lee after 8 and allowing only 2 hits and mentioned there has not been a shutout in the AL yet this year and the only shutout in the MLB has been by Mr. Ben Sheets. sure hope he is okay. again.

clev ended up getting the shutout.

(listening to d. sutton right now for AZ... don't miss him at all.)

I was encouraged when it was mentioned that he had a sore tricept going into the game. Maybe that will slow down some of the jump-off-the-cliffyness, but I doubt it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

'strained triceps' is a lot more important for a pitcher than hitter, as Upton shows. I'm worried by the terminology, because clubs tend to use vague language before they know for sure. Seeing Sheets slapping hands with the team afterwards made me feel a lot better.

I don't think anyone on the club said anything like this, the broadcasters said it before talking to anyone.

Archived