Brewer Fanatic

5/11/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Mets (Sosa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Good game. Tough game but a good one. I enjoyed watching it. The Mets are a very good team and look like they are more complete than Milwaukee. Wagner is just lights out amazing.

The biggest thing that stands out to me about this game is the huge difference in getting production out of 3B. If Braun isn't going to be ready soon (or if he gets to the show and struggles vs MLB pitching) then the Crew really needs to trade for a 3B who can actually hit like an MLB 3B. You can't just keep trotting out a Utility guy at 3B every day and expect to compete against the best. (yes I know Counsell had a hit today)

And Mench needs to sit vs righthanders. Both because he can't really hit righthanders and because then he's a righthanded hitter off the bench...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others, I'm not too disappointed about the loss tonight. If anything, I'm encouraged by the fact that the team didn't just quit after the 4-run 4th inning. The Mets were just due to start hitting Suppan, anyway...it's just a shame it happened tonight.

As for the bad call that kick-started the Mets' 4 run inning, even the announcers on SNY (who are about as biased as the guys on YES and WGN combined) said it was a bad call and that Suppan beat Beltran after looking at the replay. I can't get too upset about it, though...in real time I could see how the ump called Beltran safe, especially since he didn't have a favorable angle on the call.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

meh, a good comeback but I'm not mad about tonight. One bad inning did us in. Otherwise, we pretty much won the game. I'm confident that we'll be fine the rest of the series.

It was one game. Talk to me about being worried next week.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived