Brewer Fanatic

5/11/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Mets (Sosa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May as well stay with Villy for the rest of the day now and at least save the rest of the pen for another day. I really doubt we're rallying for 3 runs against the Mets in the last 2 innings. They have one of the best pens in the league.

You had to like how Villy responded after the home run and kept throwing strikes... sign of progress.. that is the situation where Spurling or Dessens gives up 4.. worst case we make them use their closer to finish the game while our's stay fresh...

Best case 3 run hr by fielder here ties it..

Not like we could have really PH for Jenks anyone, we had no available right-handed outfielders.

Wagner is good, but man, we didn't even threaten there. Disappointing loss, especially considering that glaring horrible call by the ump in the 4th.

What we need is more RH pinch hitting options.

I'm disappointed we didn't pull it out, but not upset. This Mets team has an all-star lineup. The last guy I thought would beat us is Eisley, but of course he did. I had the feeling the Mets wanted to enact some revenge on Soup tonight for his work last year in the NLCS against them. Hope Sheets brings his "A" stuff tomorrow; he'll need it.

Verified Member

I can't complain. I know it's only one game, but a one-run loss on the road tells me that the Brewers can hang with anyone.

We looked competitive at least.

Well that's a tough one but we were right in it to the end and definitely should give us confidence for the next two to know that we are just as talented and can play with these guys.

The terrible call at first really got in Suppan's head a little and that sparked the 4 run rally by the Mets but the thing that angers me is the homer to Damion Easley.

I don't know if anyone was watching the Mets broadcast but the announcers already started in by saying this is the Mets not the NL Central, so we should probably brace ourselves for "expert" opinions after this game.

Not a bad game overall, but I can't help going back to the missed call in the 4th inning when Suppan dragged his back foot over the bag and beat Beltran to the base. 2-run homer by Delgado followed and one run ended up being the difference in the game. That was a big missed call as it turned out.

We need Sheets to shut them down tomorrow. Not a terrible game overall though.

Hard to complain about a 5-4 loss on the road against the best team in the NL. It is rather annoying that we lost on a HR by easley and the terrible call at first leading to an extra run on Suppan.

Sosa also pitched a pretty good game, we didn't go as deep into counts as normal but it seemed like every single first pitch was a strike and its just hard to go deep into counts when he's throwing strikes like that. Hall and Weeks swung at some pretty bad pitches but they are both scuffling a bit now so I'm not too surprised. Hopefully they get it going soon.

Archived