Brewer Fanatic

5/11/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Mets (Sosa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Summer Shandy (Shady?), or Berry Weiss, or Sunset Wheat...

Seriously, Leinie's Original is classic, Honey Weiss is good, the Red is nice, the Creamy Dark is a hidden gem (near perfect beer, IMO, but seemingly no one drinks it), & the Oktoberfest is solid

but as far as these 'new' creations have gone, ick, ick, and ick.

Berry Weiss tastes like a wine cooler

Sunset Wheat tastes like blueberrie syrup in beer

Summer Shandy tastes like beer mixed with Mike's Hard Lemonade

EDIT: Back on topic, I'm very impressed overall as I read that linked Mets forum. Glad to see there are other fanbases out there who take as much care as we do to stay informed!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

i would say we got the Pitchiong matchup in the series however the Brewers have not played well in the past aganist these type of pitchers.

Very nerous about this big road trip and i have set myself up for a 5-8 trip which i still think will be postive. anything else is gravy for me.

go brewers

Quote:
Jenkins has really come alive with the media lately (is he failing to heed his own advice??) But seriously Jenks, "too cool for school?"

I'll have you know, Islands, that I have used that phrase many a time. Of course I'm a dork too, but I digress.

I think it's time for the Brewers to announce their presence with authority.

Because the WOAH SOLVDD forum was mentioned earlier, I went back and re-read the "Can Bill Hall Pitch?" thread because I forgot how good it was. Which made me think...it's time for Bill Hall to announce his presence with authority..but then I realized....

Bill Hall is the authority.

We're an hour away from the game, Brewers Nation is now on page 4 of the in-game thread, 85 posts strong, and there are only 15 posts in the Mets forum?

If I were a Mets fan, I'd be embarrassed.

This is going to be a tough series. I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking about taking my pants off for the weekend.

That Bill Hall thread was classic...

Here's a few of the best things i've ever read on this forum:

Bill Hall has perfected the 6-6-6 double play. Out of fear, Satan hands over this symbol to Bill Hall.

Bill Hall doesn't sign autographs, he acknowledges receipt of your soul.

With the day off yesterday and the game in New York, I honestly can't remember a Brewers regular season series(I'm 19, obiously can't remember any postseason either) with this much hype.

It's a little overblown, I think, but still about as important of a 3 game series in May as possible.

I really would love to get this first one. That would make me feel so good about the rest of the series.

That Bill Hall thread was classic...

Here's a few of the best things i've ever read on this forum:

Bill Hall has perfected the 6-6-6 double play. Out of fear, Satan hands over this symbol to Bill Hall.

Bill Hall doesn't sign autographs, he acknowledges receipt of your soul.

Those were good ones. Most of my favorites are thanks to mothershipconnection in which he offers:

- Bud Selig fought to keep Bill Hall out of the WBC, saying "we're trying to build bridges between nations, not crush them 500 feet to dead center".

-The MLBPA has recently renamed itself "friends of Bill Hall".

-Bill Hall doesn't believe in the American League.

-Bill Hall has a VORP of "Holy %&*^!"

-Bill Hall once hit a 5-run homer.

Thanks to everyone that made that thread such a classic and still so much fun to read a year later. The pictures are so smart, and yet so tacky at the same time. Which, in a way is sort of a metaphor for the average brewerfan.net poster.

46 minutes!

could it get any worse for the Jay's ? From rotoworld

Roy Halladay is going on the DL for acute appendicitis and is likely to miss about a month.

It just gets worse and worse. This might be the injury that causes the Jays to move Casey Janssen into the rotation, though the Jays are using the "he's too valuable in the pen" excuse. Perhaps the break will help Halladay's arm, which we're guessing has been giving him some problems. Still, there isn't much of a bright side to this one. The Jays can already pretty much write off the season. May. 11 - 6:13 pm et

I predict Weeks breaks out but we end up losing because Mench leaves 4 guys on base.

Just hate seeing Mench get all this playtime against righties when he's the 6th best OF on the team against them.

i've never been so happy to see ann carol after the day off

I still refuse to watch the pre and postgame shows. I always listen to the Jim & Bob pregame and Jim's postgame...with Brian and Bill sandwiched in between. I have been close to muting the tv during the game but ever so slightly, Brian is starting to grow on me.

Archived