Brewer Fanatic

5/11/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Mets (Sosa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of their posters even knew Braun (complete with 2007 stat line) & Gallardo. However, this was the best I read:
Quote:
I was at [the Bill Hall pink bat Mother's day] game...the day after my bachelor party...I was a hung over mess. That was the crappiest game I've ever been to in person.
Bill Hall ruins weddings
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote:
"There's nothing to change," he said. "If you've been around our clubhouse, you know that if you do anything out of the ordinary, you get struck down by about six different guys. This clubhouse is not going to allow you to get too big or get to where you think you're too cool for school."
In today's mlb preview.

Jenkins has really come alive with the media lately (is he failing to heed his own advice??) But seriously Jenks, "too cool for school?"

Dork.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Islands,

I LOVE your signature!

I loved Jenks last night on BBTN, when he said to the hosts something about how the pitchers have to do their jobs... and Capuano fake-glared right at him. It was great.

One thing I know about the Mets: similar to the Brewers, it is important to get a lead on them early. Their 8th and 9th inning pitchers are pretty lethal, especially Wagner in the 9th.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch tonight's game. However, the reason I can't is because tonight Wilco is kicking off their Sky Blue Sky tour at Northwestern, so yeah, I'll be going to that.

The Mets boards are really giving a lot of love to Woogie.

I cant imagine there is a better IGT anywhere else in the majors.

Pretty damn sweet. I was amazed at the Mets recap of the Brewers as well. It is amazing the Mets who have the same record as us really respect us but The Cubs who are 7 games behind still think they are the better team

So... I figure Mench will get the start in right based on being 5 for 8 vs Sosa. Or will Hart be back. I'd go with Shrek and hope he stays Shrektastic vs Sosa. And I hope Suppan pitches around Beltran.

My favorite part of the Brewers series preview on the Mets board was in the blurb describing Fielder. After quoting some meaningful stats about his recent hot-streak, he threw in: "His middle name is Semien."

Quote:
I think Mench shouldn't start against right handers whenever possible and the result of 8 ABs isn't going to change my mind.

I can understand that line of thinking. So would you start Hart tonight or Gross?

Just a crude look from ERAs, but it looks like the Mets have a solid bullpen, at least so far anyways. Here's to the end of that.

Agreed on the Mets' board. Seems like a good group of fans, nonetheless, they're still the enemy. Let's hope Billy Hall and the boys have a strong taste for apples this week. Down with the Metropolitans!

Archived