Brewer Fanatic

5/11/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Mets (Sosa): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion that sort of balances out the home field advantage. This series we will have our 1,2,3 against their 3,4,5. The worst pitching matchup for us actually looks like Suppan vs Sosa.... and even that I'll take Soup any day of the week.

My Brewer Fever is flaring up with the off-day today. Man, when the Crew is hot, I wish they had a game every day.

Then again, they couldn't be going any better than they are. Maybe I should just sit back and savor the fact that there's no way they'll see their winning streak snapped tonight...

Quote:
I will not be around for the weekend's and Monday's game, so I will post in advance the IGT's for each of the games. The IGT's will not be as comprehensive with the graphics like they usually are, but I will provide a link for all the information that I will not be able to make a graphic for. I might be able to update Monday's game, but everything will be back to normal for Tuesday's game for sure.

This is completely unacceptable. Pick up the slack.

I just got an email from mlb.com highlighting the weeks 10 best games and guess how many of the crew games were on there??? Yup NONE!

Not even the Mets Crew games, yet the Mets playing the Cubs on the 16th is highlighted.

Where's Rodney? Oh yea he's in Milwaukee!!

I'd rather we fly under the radar somewhat until the all-star break.

Distractions worry me somewhat, like the Soap Opera cameo and what not.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

So the only current Brewers to have homered off Sosa are Koskie and Nix. Great.

Here's to adding a bunch of new names to that list.

I'm with you on that. I was just lookin at some stats... didn't realize that we currently have 7 more home runs than the Yankees. We are second in all of basebal, 4 behind the Reds.

Even if we win the series against the Mets detractors will be posting the following:

We faced the worst pitching of the Mets with our best pitching.

If we lose they will say "looks like the Brewers can't hang with the big boys."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif It's all good though, getting no respect worked for Rodney Dangerfield.

I'd actually like to play the Mets against Glavine and Maine...with Beltran Healthy and all.. At least then, we'd defintely know where the Brewers stand against "the big boys"...put us on that list for sure.

I think the Crew could take 2 games outta 3 against the Mets best.

I have a feeling that the media is going to make excuses if the Crew just goes into NY and crushes them.... If that happens...I'll be pissed, but so be it...we'll continue to dominate!!!

GO CREW!!!

What the hell is WOAH SOLVDD?

_______

LOL, quote from the Mets board

They seem like a pretty decent bunch, never would have guessed.... NY gets soo much bad pub from the Yankees

Anyone else get the feeling that Moises Alou is going to be a pain in our you know what this weekend?

I just want to add to the rant and rave that tomorrow's game is not on Fox. You figured that we'd have to wait until we played a major draw to get onto Fox even with a great record, and then we arguably you've got a showdown between the two best NL teams you pass for the Phillies and Cubs?

The FL series where we won those two games on April 11 was a definite turning point for this team. I get a feeling this weekend could supply the same sort of pivotal point for the Crew. I just hope it goes our way.

Go Brewers!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

The breakdown of our team is pretty good, considering it's by a Mets fan, but he lives in Madison, WI, so here are the bloopers...

Quote:
Jeff Suppan looks as if he was worth the free agent money that Milwaukee gave him last year and is the veteran leader of the staff.
Quote:
[Weeks] has decent speed and a little pop as well.
Quote:
[sheets] did miss chunks of the past two years and has a history of bulging discs, dizziness and shoulder tendonitis
Shoulder tendenitis? I guess Ben Sheets is more injury-prone than we all thought!

I'm nitpicking here, but found these amusing. Their board looks as cool as ours. What a dynamic - they can cuss, but it's civilized! They definitely make sure to know their stuff, and don't make wild Cubs-fan-esque statements. There are a lot of loud-mouth NYM fans, but none so far in that thread. I'm gonna check that site out a lot more closely...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived