Brewer Fanatic

DirecTV and the Crew

jhart05

Anyone with DirecTV here?

Were you able to watch the replay of the game last night? I completely forgot to check.

Apparently those with regular cable were able to see the replay of the game, and FSN will be doing this a few more times when the Crew has a day game.

I want to call DirecTV and complain, but want to make sure I'm complaining for the right reason.

I have never seen the Brewers replay aired on DTV here in Arizona. I would imagine if FSN-WI is your "local FOX affiliate" that you would get the replays. My "local FOX affiliate" is FSN-AZ so I don't get any replays but D-Backs replays.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

See its different because FSN WI ans FSN North just split and still share programming. So FSN North is the default station except when the Bucks or Brewers are playing when FSN WI goes live. Of course when the Twins are playing I still think you get blank air if a Brewer game isn't on.

I didn't check, but I know that last year they didn't replay the games.

Complaining won't matter. DirectTV will blame it on FSN and FSN will blame it on DirectTV.

From what I've found, DirectTV will only air live programming on FSN.

I'm a Time Warner digital subscriber and while the "guide" said that last night the game would be on, it was not for the first two hours. From 7-9 was some Best Damn stuff and then at 9, they showed a highlight only version. This wasn't the same as last year's fastforward where you saw each pitch. This was literally just the runs. In fact, they never did show Prince's homer. I was on my laptop at the same time and thought maybe I missed it, but I rewound and still no homer. They showed it at 3-3 with Prince up next and I think a pitching change, went to commercial and came back to have Gagne pitching.

That being said, I've watched 2 other night replays of day games, so not sure what last night was.

See its different because FSN WI ans FSN North just split and still share programming. So FSN North is the default station except when the Bucks or Brewers are playing when FSN WI goes live. Of course when the Twins are playing I still think you get blank air if a Brewer game isn't on.

On my DirecTv feed the Twins home games are not blacked out. For some reason the away games are. So, many nights during the season I can watch the Twins on FSN North and Brewers on FSN-WI.

I've tried about the last two years to call and email DirecTV about this problem, to no avail of course. Always get the same stupid answer. "Your zip code is set up to receive FSN-North-Minnesota." Which is frustrating because I only live 10 minutes from Miller Park. So I'm well within the area that should get FSN-Wisconsin full time.

I left a message with FSN Wisconsin to ask if there is anything they could suggest for a better way to get thru to DirecTV.

I can't understand what's so difficult to just switch everyone in Wisconsin to get our FSN-Wisconsin feed all the time instead of the FSN-Minnesota feed.

Out in LA, we only get the FSN-WI feed when there is a Brewer or Bucks game. You also need to have the Extra Innings or NBA package to get them. It's a drag because we don't get the replays and we never got the "Brewers Classics". They also cut off much of the extended Brewer programming like "In their own words". FSN-North is always on as are most of the other FSNs.

What I usually do is DVR the games. A big beef I have is if they don't keep the guide updated or they change it, it sometimes doesn't record. For example, on Monday, FSN-WI may show the Wednesday Cardinal game from 5-11 our time with no pregame or any HD feed. If I don't check it Wednesday, they may change it to 5-8 with an HD feed and it won't record. That gets to me because I can't start watching until the kid's go to bed and the game is usually over so I need the DVR version. The new DirecTV DVR is horrendous, but that's a whole different thread.

They have launched their new satelllites, which has led to two main benefits - more games in HD and dual broadcasts of the games by both team's networks. Last year they had limited capacity so they'd only have one teams feed. It's brutal having to watch a Brewers game with the Cubs announcers...so that's a big deal. Yesterday they had the Cardinals version in both SD and HD, and the Brewers version in HD only. Needless to say, the Brewers announcers were a little more animated during Prince's homer!!!

I've tried about the last two years to call and email DirecTV about this problem, to no avail of course. Always get the same stupid answer.
I'm astonished that you contacted Directv more than once and got the same answer each time http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Regardless of how stupid the answer is, at least you don't hear a different answer every time to every question you have like I used to get.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

They have launched their new satelllites, which has led to two main benefits - more games in HD and dual broadcasts of the games by both team's networks. Last year they had limited capacity so they'd only have one teams feed. It's brutal having to watch a Brewers game with the Cubs announcers...so that's a big deal. Yesterday they had the Cardinals version in both SD and HD, and the Brewers version in HD only. Needless to say, the Brewers announcers were a little more animated during Prince's homer!!!

Thanks for this info. I wondered why they were doing the dual feeds. I don't have HD yet--I'm tired of everything on DirecTV costing just $10 more. I don't watch TV enough to justify a $90 monthly bill (not counting ExtraInnings!) Maybe the new satellites also explains why the standard def versions of the baseball games look so much better than last year. Lots of the other DirecTV channels still have the same crappy compression artifacts, but the baseball games jump out, looking sharper and brighter.

As for the FSN-WI fiasco, I wonder if that isn't really Fox Sports' responsibility. They are the ones who have to negotiate with DirecTV to get their stations on satellite...

I'm a Time Warner digital subscriber and while the "guide" said that last night the game would be on, it was not for the first two hours. From 7-9 was some Best Damn stuff and then at 9, they showed a highlight only version. This wasn't the same as last year's fastforward where you saw each pitch. This was literally just the runs. In fact, they never did show Prince's homer. I was on my laptop at the same time and thought maybe I missed it, but I rewound and still no homer. They showed it at 3-3 with Prince up next and I think a pitching change, went to commercial and came back to have Gagne pitching.

That being said, I've watched 2 other night replays of day games, so not sure what last night was.

That could have gotten screwed up because the game went long.

One other thing joepepsi...While they show both feeds on the MLB channels, they don't tell you which feed it is on the guide. They don't tend to change the timing on the games on the MLB channels, they are at 6 hours which makes it easier to record. So I wind up recording the games on FSN-WI that don't have the up to date guide info...that screws up my recording. I wish they gave which feed it is on the MLB channels.

Just by looking at the feeds I think the away team feed is always the first channel with the home team feed being the second channel.

For example:

Brewers at Reds

Brewers Feed is 726

Reds Feed is 727

(if the game is available in HD it would be 726-1, 727-1)

Well I talked to someone at FSN-Wisconsin today.

She said she is collecting emails from people and will send them to the correct people at DirecTV.

Said the more people that write to DTV the more it will help get them to recognize FSN-WI full-time.

If anyone is interested I'll ask her if it's all right if I post her email here.

I've tried about the last two years to call and email DirecTV about this problem, to no avail of course. Always get the same stupid answer.
I'm astonished that you contacted Directv more than once and got the same answer each time http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Regardless of how stupid the answer is, at least you don't hear a different answer every time to every question you have like I used to get.

The "cust service" people claim they forward along every message. To where...who knows. They probably sit in one big inbox.

When I would have to call them about something else, I always put in my speech about how they need to give Wisconsin people their FSN-WI full-time.

There was awhile there where I would just send them the same e-mail day-after-day.

Archived