Brewer Fanatic

5/12/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Mets (Pelfrey): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
That last time through the order the Mets laid off Ben's curve. They left it up to ump to call it a strike. That didn't happen. I think the ump is calling the curve where it is caught and not where it is when it crosses the plate. If Ben can't get his curve over for strikes he is a rather average pitcher.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this one, but his command is nothing like it used to be. These walk totals he's racking up so far are disconcerting for a purported ace pitcher.

Quote:
If Gwynn was made a regular starter he would be in CF.

Exactly I've predicted for a while now that our OF next year will be Hall in Left, Gwynn in Center, Hart in Right...with Gross and Mench coming off the bench.

Sheets blows, why can't he throw a perfect game every time out just like every other ace in MLB?

No, Ben doesn't have his A+ stuff today, but he retired the first 10 Mets today. He's been far from terrible.

Quote:
Every game Sheets pitches is like pulling teeth, win or lose. So damn frustrating...

I agree. Though Sheets has been pretty good, waiting for him to put it all together like he did late last season has been tiresome.

Those were money pitches.

The type of pitches you expect your ace to make when there are a lot of reporters present at the park that form the casual fan's opinion about who is good at baseball and who isn't.

Quote:
Exactly I've predicted for a while now that our OF next year will be Hall in Left, Gwynn in Center, Hart in Right.

I thought the whole idea was not to make Hall move again. Pack your bags, Bill. But Gwynn does seem to be a more natural CFer and he had done great with his few ABs

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived