Brewer Fanatic

5/12/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Mets (Pelfrey): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
a losing streak of 1 game, out east against arguably the best team in the NL and i'm disgusted. if that's not a sign that expectations have been raised, i don't know what is! hopefully Benny can come out throwing gas today and we can jump on Pelfrey early and not look back. GO CREW!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say our batters need to prove more than Sheets does. The only thing that has concerned be about Sheets this year has been his K rate and his KK:BB ration. Like you said brett, once that gets back to where it has been the last three years I think Sheets will run off 5-6 wins in a row.

Where this game is important is for our offense to do something vs. this rookie pitcher. I know Pelfrey is highly thought of but he IS a rookie and has been getting beat around a bit, I should know, he was on my fantasy team for most of this season.

We need hits and we need to limit outs on the basepaths. If we can do this I think we win this one 6-3.

Quote:
That said, they could get swept in NY, and it doesn't mean anything (unless you're a media member who thinks a season hinges on three games in May)- which is cool.

While I agree with you to some extent. It would be really tough for me as a fan to see us go into New York (winning 9 of previous 10) with the top of our rotation vs. the bottom of their rotation and get swept.

While Sheets doesn't need to "prove" he is a good pitcher. This is a game the brewers should win and playing on the big stage in New York. This game/series will probably get alot more national media attention than anyother game/series for the rest of the year. It would be nice to live up to the national perception that is being formed of the Brewers.

With that said perception isn't always reality and in the grand scheme of things you are right one game in the middle of May doesn't really mean to much.

A lot of people in the media, and baseball fans from other markets that I chat with on other boards, are saying that this road trip is going to "prove if the Brewers are legit or not". Like it or not, that is the perception out there, and it would be nice for the Brewers to stay hot right now.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Nothing like keeping Counsell and Graffy fresh on an important road trip to New York to face the best offense in the NL after a tough loss...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

We need to prove we are legit to the entire nation. This is our Ace against not so much. This one is obviously a must win game.

I can't remember the last time I was upset over a one game losing streak.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nice job by the NL Central last night (0-6).

Red Sox lost, so the best record in baseball is still Milwaukee's.

Why is this game blacked out on MLB.TV? I thought only the late afternoon games were considered "national" to FOX.

Here's to Bob and Jim without video, haven't done that in a while...

yep, no game on Directv either. I thought it would be, since FOX has the national block for the morning/early game hours, too, I thought.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I personally am a big fan of TGJ starting in right and batting leadoff. The third base situation not so much. I think If Weeks drops down in the lineup and we get to see TGJ on a more regular basis, we would be better off. More speed on both ends of the lineup, and a legitimite lead-off man.

I'll still say 1 run is better than none. Hopefully, Pelfrey will continue to struggle against our "real" hitters (i.e. non-Counsell, Graffinino, pitcher guys)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll still say 1 run is better than none.

Considering that no one really even hit the ball hard, it's hard for me to feel like they deserved more. Of course, Bill is going to whine about it for the rest of the game now.

Archived