Brewer Fanatic

Rockies at Padres 4/17/08

ELCABALLO45

Wow, I am disappointed I didn't run through the Extra Innings channels last night. I would've loved listening to Vasgersian during all of that.

Wanna bet that neither of their fan bases were having cheese sandwiches on the in-game threads?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I turned it on in the 13th inning as we were going to bed (10 pm PDT), watched a few innings, dozed on and off, and woke up at 11:45 pm PDT to realize they were headed to the 18th. Needless to say, I rolled over and went to sleep for good, even though I wanted to watch the game.

I couldn't believe it this morning watching the highlights. I'd have been up another hour plus if I stayed up. Today would've been murder at work. I'm glad I went to bed.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, I tuned in during the 14th when I saw on ESPN's ticker that it was still going, and then fell asleep on the couch at some point in the 18th and woke up again, presciently, in the 22nd.

The Colorado announcers had been pretty jovial for a while but just sounded relieved at best when it finally ended.

My son and I stayed up for all 22 innings. He wanted to see the postgame show. And both my kids now know about cheese sandwiches.

As a SD homer, it should never have gotten past the 14th. The 2-2 pitch before the run was walked in was strike 3 and the 3-1 when the Pads had the bases loaded 2 out in the bottom of the inning was ball 4. And Vasgergian was messed up all inning; he kept thinking the tying run was the winning run.

Archived