Brewer Fanatic

Post your how to attend a 2008 Brewers Game on the cheap here.

How do the Badger Mutual Insurance Family Days work? I see it listed under the season long promotions, but it's not an option when buying tickets online. Do you have to go to the ticket office?

ways to save on parking:

a bunch of people park in the way back lot of the VA and walks the path up to MP, I used to do it back in the day. It's a huge lot, but if you park in the back, its actually a pretty short walk to the stadium.

If you go to Kelly's Bleachers or Fiesta Girabaldi on bluemound before the game they shuttle you to the stadium there and back for free. its extrmely easy to get a shuttle to go there as they run about every 15 minutes. getting back is always more difficult because a lot of people are trying to catch them. usually we don't feel like waiting or shoving people to get on one of them an just end up walking back then which is not bad at all, only a quick 10 minutes.

pile a bunch of people in your vehicle and split the parking cost. also, if you plan on going to a decent amount of games, you can get a parking pass in advance that is cheaper.

saving on food and costs:

tailgating and eating before the game prevents you from having to spend on ton on stadium food, and you just spend a few bucks on food from a grocery store. if your hungry by the time the game ends, fire the grill up again.

bringing a flask in and buying a soda is extremely easy. i've never once been patted down at mp.

drink enough before the game to cost you through which also lets you sober up for the drive home.

You can simply bring in an unopened plastic bottle of soda, so there is no reason to smuggle a flask inside. I always bring in a soda, snacks, McDonalds/Hardees/Quiznos.

If you buy the parking in advance it's $8 for general parking. If you buy it gameday it's $10 on the weekends. Also, find time to go to The Keg on a non-game day to buy your tickets. It can save you from the ticket handling surcharge.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I would not imagine parking in the VA lot, as those are for vets.

There is street parking a few blocks from the VA parking that can easily be used, if you don't mind walking about a mile.

I realize that, but their are literally several hundred spots between the last row I've ever seen someone park for using the VA, and where the people park in the back that go to the game. It's not even remotely possible that you are taking a vet's spot that wants to park there.

I fail to see the distinction between a Handicapped parking spot and a VA spot, both spots are reserved. Parking in a VA spot, used or not, is poor form in my opinion.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I guess I can understand the distaste some of you may have, it was something my friends and I did like 8 years ago in high school. I wouldn't do it now or anything, I have no problem paying for parking. But I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.

They might patrol it now or whatever, but back then they told us they didn't really care as long as we parked in the back. The street parking was either further away or full, I don't really recall. To me, at the time, it wasn't a big deal and I was just throwing it out there. It's not as if we stole a spot for someone who needed it. There were 100's of spots available, and all were much much closer to the VA. We were kids who wanted to park for free, and the security guard didn't mind.

Buy a 20 pack

Sell your opening day tix for $75 a crack, sell your bobble heads = 19 free games

Park on bluemound/wisconsin/etc, walk

drink before you go

I personally hate the shuttles now, too many people, a few bars you need to get a ticket to ride, like McGinns

If you take a shuttle from Fiesta Girabaldi, you might just be lazier than me

It's pretty easy to bike to the stadium from downtown if you follow the Hank Aaron trail, plus you get to park right in front of Miller Park. They're supposedly extending the trail to the west, making it easier to come in from West Allis, New Berlin, Brookfield, etc.

Archived