Brewer Fanatic

4/18/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not a blister, soreness in his right tricep. that's worse than i was expecting. either way, he's a total wuss. maybe this will lessen the "we HAVE to sign sheets" posts.

Yeah a real man would keep throwing in a game in April with a big lead!

I knew I had that coming. I'm just sick of this team depending on a guy this undependable.

Shortly we will find out Benny has the only known case of tricep tapeworm.

O, there will be a Latin word in there somewhere. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Let's look at this logically. It's most likely not a tear (remember his reaction with the back muscle situation?). I don't claim to know how bad it will be but it just doesn't like something to be too worried about.

the finger tendon bone is connected to the...

muscle behind the shoulder that isn't quite the shoulder bone...

that bone's connected to the tricep bone

the tricep bone is connected to the inner ear bone

the inner ear bone is connected to the hamstring bone.

OY

To answer my question...

What is the treatment for a minor triceps tear? Treatment options include rest, ice, heat, pain relief and mobility and strength exercises. The recovery time for a minor triceps tear can be one to four weeks.

What is the treatment for a major triceps tear? Treatment is surgery followed by intensive physical therapy. The recovery time for a major triceps tear is four to six months.

best case scenario - and we should know by the end of this game - is that the highly paid/educated trainers, given sheets' history, are taking extra precaution with any tightness whatsoever this early in the season. fingers crossed.

counsell is fantfrickintastic. sometimes.

on the way home from work i had MLB Home Plate on XM and heard a guy saying what Brennaman did was "excessive" yet "entertaining." I think it was a breath of fresh air (ok maybe more so because it was Cubs fans) for an announcer - or anyone in the media for that matter - to not be so PC in America in 2008. i've got quite a few friends from overseas who live here and that is their one gripe about our country. sorry to get political, just thought it interesting and wish more announcers would - once in awhile - speak their minds a bit...

Oh Brennaman (Marty that is) will always tell you how he really feels about something. He kind of gets on my nerves at times but I always loved Joe Nuxhall and was sad to hear of his passing last year - Brennaman and Nuxhall did have good on air chemistry though. I grew up in Cincy and can still remember listening to Brennaman do his 'This one belongs to the Reds' but my favorite was always Nuxhall's 'Until tomorrow this is the old lefthander rounding third and heading for home'.

I'm guessing Brennaman isn't a big fan of Weeks' and all his hit by pitches as he used to get on Biggio all the time for not making the effort to get out of the way when he got hit.

You can look at this one of two ways.

Sheets told Yost he couldn't go on. He said there is definitely something that is NOT right with his arm and it's too painful to continue pitching.

OR.

Sheets finishes the inning, Ned asks him what all the arm stretching between pitches is about. Sheets mentions it feels a bit tight. Ned looks at the score and the opposing team on the field and figures he can give him the rest of the day off.

Archived