Brewer Fanatic

4/18/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
So, apparently Counsell was voted the starting 2nd basemen on Arizona's 10th anniversary team! No Junior Spivey?

They love him down there for some reason. I'd have voted for Orlando Hudson.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't it the guy who called out the cubs' fans the other day? bettanmayer? or is he radio? regardless, he just said "goodness gracious" when kendall got hit. my grandmother - god rest her soul - would be proud.
Marty Brennaman is the longtime radio announcer for the Reds but I think he just does radio. His son Thom joined him with the Reds recently and I think Thom does TV sometimes. It doesn't suprirse me that he called out the Cubs fans - he doesn't mince words. He couldn't stand Ryne Sandberg either - used to talk about him being overrated. I found an audio clip of him ripping the Cubs fans and Jeff Brantley is announcing with him and I know Brantley does TV sometimes - he was announcing with Thom Brennaman on that one clip that made the rounds where he ripped the player for not being clutch and the player proceeded to hit a walk-off homer.

Might you have the link to this audio clip? I mean the one where he rips cubs fans.

Had to go back to Red's broadcasters because my laptop can't handle both media players at once...

They just said that Ben Sheets isn't the same Ben Sheets who struck out 267 batters. I agree with that..

They also just said that he USED to come with 100% effort on every pitch... and he doesn't now?

They also made a comment about his velocity. It doesn't look like he's throwing slow but that radar gun is around 85 on his fastballs!

Never the less, he just struck out 2 out of 3 in that inning.

Archived