Brewer Fanatic

4/18/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reds broadcasters just said that Hart is not a very good baserunner and that it was a bad idea by Yost to have him moving on that rundown...

Whether or not Yost should have put that play on or not, Hart is a great baserunner and pretty darn good at stealing bases.

I'm officially muting the reds crew and turning to Ueck even though there is a delay.

I don't think there was a play, Hart was stealing and Braun was late in reacting and so shouldn't have went

According to gameday, Sheets just struck out Keppinger on a 90 mph changeup. That is impressive....or gameday is wrong.

Gameday is wrong. Sheets was pretty much in the 89-90 range with his fastball in the 1st. Hit 91 a couple times and 92 once.

I'm not sure Marquettefan, i'm livin' the dream over here in Ueckerville.

One thing that i wish MLB.TV hadn't done is getting rid of the local commercials. Now it just says "Break in the Action" or something. But you used to get the regional commercials and even some really funny broadcaster moments when they left their mic on. Anyway, Cincinnati always had the worst commercials anyway.. i hate the Reds.

isn't it the guy who called out the cubs' fans the other day? bettanmayer? or is he radio? regardless, he just said "goodness gracious" when kendall got hit. my grandmother - god rest her soul - would be proud.

Marty Brennaman is the longtime radio announcer for the Reds but I think he just does radio. His son Thom joined him with the Reds recently and I think Thom does TV sometimes. It doesn't suprirse me that he called out the Cubs fans - he doesn't mince words. He couldn't stand Ryne Sandberg either - used to talk about him being overrated. I found an audio clip of him ripping the Cubs fans and Jeff Brantley is announcing with him and I know Brantley does TV sometimes - he was announcing with Thom Brennaman on that one clip that made the rounds where he ripped the player for not being clutch and the player proceeded to hit a walk-off homer.

You gotta feel decent about the lead with our ace on the mound, but I wish we were capitalizing a liittle better -- this game shouldn't be close. A 2 run lead isn't much especially at GABP with the Red's lineup.

Whoa! Jason Kendall threw out Phillips at second... with Ben Sheets pitching. That's a once in a lifetime sight right there.

Impressive...Kendall has looked good in that department so far.

I see Estrada is 1 for 2 throwing out baserunners so far this season. I wonder who that was? It takes special talent to get caught stealing by Johnny Estrada.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Ted Simmons said Hart is the second best base runner the Brewers have ever had, behind Paul Molitor.
Not that it really matters, but it was actually Sveum that said that about Hart; not Simmons

thanks for clearing that up, marquette.

today at work - i live in chicago - and today was a great day at work. my work partner is a cardinals fan and has a good friend who is apparently good friends with Thom Brennaman so we pulled up the audio clip of Marty ripping cubs fans and played it really loud for the entire office to hear. really loud. it made my friday.

on the way home from work i had MLB Home Plate on XM and heard a guy saying what Brennaman did was "excessive" yet "entertaining." I think it was a breath of fresh air (ok maybe more so because it was Cubs fans) for an announcer - or anyone in the media for that matter - to not be so PC in America in 2008. i've got quite a few friends from overseas who live here and that is their one gripe about our country. sorry to get political, just thought it interesting and wish more announcers would - once in awhile - speak their minds a bit...

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Ted Simmons said Hart is the second best base runner the Brewers have ever had, behind Paul Molitor.
Not that it really matters, but it was actually Sveum that said that about Hart; not Simmons

Gotcha. Thanks for the correction.

Archived