Brewer Fanatic

4/18/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i know it's early, but what is the consensus on Gagne now?

I believe he is light years ahead of what we would have had with Turnbow, and probably a step below Coco in the "stuff" category. But he still has that presence on the mound, and he can still shut it down when he has to. He's only cost us one loss with a 6.00 ERA coming into tonight. Hoffman has already blown at least two saves. I think we'll be okay with Gagne. I'd love to re sign him for a couple more years but i don't think that's possible... We'll see. I just love that he can throw strikes when he wants to and the same can be said about Riske and Torres for the most part. That's where we struggled with guys like Turnbow.

So i know it's early, but what is the consensus on Gagne now?

I believe he is light years ahead of what we would have had with Turnbow, and probably a step below Coco in the "stuff" category. But he still has that presence on the mound, and he can still shut it down when he has to. He's only cost us one loss with a 6.00 ERA coming into tonight. Hoffman has already blown at least two saves. I think we'll be okay with Gagne. I'd love to re sign him for a couple more years but i don't think that's possible... We'll see. I just love that he can throw strikes when he wants to and the same can be said about Riske and Torres for the most part. That's where we struggled with guys like Turnbow.

I love Gagne. That change-up is such an equalizer

Keeping the shift on in the 9th inning vs. Griffey almost cost them the game. That would have been on Ned.

A shift that does it's job 85% of the time still fails 15% of the time. Besides, isn't the defensive alignment up to someone else(i wanna say Svuem or a bench coach), not Ned?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Keeping the shift on in the 9th inning vs. Griffey almost cost them the game. That would have been on Ned.

If that's the case, I guess that means that the win is on Ned then, huh? Good to see you giving credit where credit is due.

He's only cost us one loss with a 6.00 ERA coming into tonight.

Sorry to nitpick, but I don't think we've lost any games he's pitched in. We won the Cubs game that he blew and the Reds game as well. But to answer your post, I also like what he adds... even though he's blown 2 saves, it's nice to see that he can get the final outs in the inning to give the Brewers a chance to win it again.

Keeping the shift on in the 9th inning vs. Griffey almost cost them the game. That would have been on Ned. It's comparable to walking a hitter intentionally up 5 runs in the 9th. In other words, it's really, really dumb.

I've heard a lot of interesting criticisms of Yost, but this one is truly unique.

dlk9s wrote:

I've heard a lot of interesting criticisms of Yost, but this one is truly unique.

Not really. It is one of many things that get pinned on Yost. Much like everytime a runner gets caught stealing. Ned's fault, shouldn't have sent the guy. Not by all.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived