Brewer Fanatic

Hernán Iribarren down, LHP Mitch Stetter called up

sargennm
This 13 pitcher thing will drive me crazy. 12 is already a lot. I swear the debate used to be whether to go with 10 or 11 pitchers. Maybe I'm just too old.

13 pitchers when your team just had back to back short starts by starters just doesn't bother me at all. I doubt this is a long term situation.

Community Moderator
I didn't give myself that avatar, but it looks like the Dec 1, 2007 winter storm to me. Nothing to do with the Hurricane, although his nickname would definitely generate some great T-shirts.

This 13 pitcher thing will drive me crazy. 12 is already a lot. I swear the debate used to be whether to go with 10 or 11 pitchers. Maybe I'm just too old.

yes, you are too old. 10 or 11 pitchers is just so "late 1970's".

While I love this pitcher, but I hate the dominoes that will fall because of it. Moving one pitcher because Yo is coming back (DFA McClung) is easy, but moving two pitchers means something else:

McClung dismissed and Parra sent down, or

McClung and Turnbow dismissed and Villy sent to the pen

I don't like either of those options because because the later will stunt the growth of said pitchers.

Oh, and by the way. I know it wasn't much, but didn't it seem like Hurricane belonged on a big league team, albeit as a reserve?

I really thought he carried himself well. He was smooth in the outfield, and he's got a little pop in his bat. I thought being picked off was an overenthusiastic mistake after his first major league hit, but he seems like he'll be a very servicable back up in the near future.

Agreed. He was solid while he was up, but it just doesn't make sense to have him on the bench when he's still learning his new position. He needs to be playing everyday.

That said, it was nice to have him up for a few days, make his major league debut, and get his first hit. Hopefully, it'll drive him even more to get back up to the bigs.

I like bringing Stetter up as a LOOGY for a couple of days until Gallardo comes back. He'll certainly get used against the Reds.

I think people are way overreacting to this. Stetter goes back down Monday. Thats it. And why would the Brewers eat Turnbow's salary when they have other pitchers not as good or pitchers with options?

maybe he even goes back down on Sunday if Gallardo makes his 2008 debut.

Archived