Brewer Fanatic

NL Central Thread - Musings and notes on the division race

naivin
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't? I could've sworn you said that I "clearly dislike" Weeks. I'd say that's an inference. An incorrect one at that. And who have I "aggressively attacked?" I don't think I've done anything of the sort. I guess offering an argument that DeRosa has out-played Weeks is an "aggressive attack." How interesting.

Saying you clearly dislike Weeks only infers that you don't think much of him as a player. I never said anything close to you having a vendetta against him or that you are a Cubs fans. And continually blowing things out of proportion certainly isn't helping you at all in my eyes.

As for aggressively attacked:

There is no way a sane person can believe that.

That on top of your comments towards me is ample evidence that you like to sling mud around when someone disagrees with you. As an added bonus your last post was dripping with condescension. Consider this your first strike.

"But his BA and K tendency are unacceptable for a player who's supposedly that talented"

Didn't we already say throw BA out the window? Why look at BA when you can look at OBP? The ability to get on base is what's important (especially in a lead-off role). A single is no better than a walk, but one adds to your batting average and the other doesn't.

And as for K's... to be honest, strikeouts don't really bother me all that much if you're putting up good OBP and SLG. I'd rather have a strikeout than ground into a DP.

"Saying you clearly dislike Weeks only infers that you don't think much of him as a player."

No it doesn't. Saying I think he's underachieved on the field would infer that. Saying I "dislike" him infers I take objection to his personality.

I never attacked anyone. I said there's no way a sane person can believe Weeks outplayed DeRosa. I don't think the guy started crying. He responded with a smiley face. I am dying to know how anything I've written in this thread constitutes a "strike." That is absurd. You are giving me a strike because I criticized Rickie Weeks and for no other reason. That is comical.

The only person blowing things way out of proportion, is you sir.

This is place is getting so ridiculous. You can't even argue baseball without getting disciplined. Well you can, but you have to support the Brewers side of the debate. If someone had used the same line, and said only an insane person could believe DeRosa is outperforming Weeks, you wouldn't be issuing any "strike" and you know it. What a joke. I didn't do anything in this thread that you didn't, and you're supposed to be the "moderator."

Jr... Slow down buddy. You're not making people upset because you don't support the Brewers, or the Brewers players... you're making them upset because you fail to listen to anything that disagrees with what you say, even after being completely proven wrong. You keep throwing up the same BA arguement even after being told numerous times that BA isn't even a good tool to measure with. Why don't you take a moment to read the posts and reflect before lashing out... thanks!

I have offered multiple arguments but you keep harping on BA because it's all you want to hear. I mentioned SO, the OBPs are almost the same. I mentioned his defense. His RISP. All you went to do is harp on one thing I said.

I didn't expect bashing Weeks to go over well, but banning me from the site for it is laughable. I think I offered a pretty sound argument as to why DeRosa has been more productive. If you went to any other fansite they would tell you the same thing. That's fine that you guys want to pretend Weeks has lived up to his billing.

No one "proved me completely wrong." You can't do such a thing. If you want to argue Weeks has been more productive fine, but don't act like it's some ridiculous notion to suggest that he isn't. It's not some open and shut case. If either is more productive than the other, it's by a hair and it is a fair topic to debate.

Seriously, let the BA thing go. The only person "throwing that up" constantly is you guys.

This is place is getting so ridiculous. You can't even argue baseball without getting disciplined. Well you can, but you have to support the Brewers side of the debate. If someone had used the same line, and said only an insane person could believe DeRosa is outperforming Weeks, you wouldn't be issuing any "strike" and you know it. What a joke. I didn't do anything in this thread that you didn't, and you're supposed to be the "moderator."

Your implication that if you argued with your point that your "insane" is uncalled for. If you don't like how we moderate, either take it up with the Fan Forum director or don't post.

What about comment about m____ rides, is that uncalled for, will that guy get banned too? Doubt it.

You're not getting banned. You've been given a strike.

Here's Brewerfan's policy on strikes.

How and if we deal with other posters is not made public for a reason - it's not your business.

This topic has unfortunately devolved far away from the point and is being closed.

Archived