Brewer Fanatic

4/17/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Lohse): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Not bad at all....If Weeks continues to slop it around out there, it's nice to know we've got Counsell on board. And yes.....this may happen. I hope it doesn't though.

Considering that he is 2nd out of our 4 infielders in .OPS, I'd say Weeks isn't a problem. He's one of the few that have been somewhat consistent getting on base and consistently puts decent at-bats together.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouse only throwing one pitch, gets the win.

That's funny.

get the stat guys working to see how many times that's happened before.

While you guys are digging, let us know if you find one that includes a zero pitch win. I seem to recall someone coming in and picking off the runner to get out of the winning, and then going on to win. Sound familiar to anyone else?

According to baseball-reference's play index, this would be the 90th time a pitcher got a win on one pitch since 1956. I don't have a subscription so I can't verify if this is true or if they are just missing some data. If you put less than or equal to 1 pitch in the query, you come up with something like 239 matches--but it's obvious that many of those are the result of incomplete data.

Dean Stone got credit for the win in an all-star game when he picked off a guy trying to steal home.

Shouse only throwing one pitch, gets the win.

That's funny.

get the stat guys working to see how many times that's happened before.

While you guys are digging, let us know if you find one that includes a zero pitch win. I seem to recall someone coming in and picking off the runner to get out of the winning, and then going on to win. Sound familiar to anyone else?

Apparently it happened 5 years ago. Here's a thread that links to the box:

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=43567

Also mentions a CS home in the 54 All-Star game that led to a zero pitch win.

While I was at it, Vizcaino's 1st 2 wins in 2002 were both with 1 pitch; he got 2 outs with the first one.

A couple years ago, the Brewers won when Stanton balked in the winning run before throwing a pitch but the guy who put the runner on 3d got the loss.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if anyone has had a zero pitch loss? I'd think that'd be near impossible since you can't balk a guy on base right?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Anyone with DirecTV able to watch the replay of the game last night?

I completely forgot to check if it was on.

Apparently, those with regular cable were able to see it, and they will be doing this a few more times when the Crew has a day game.

Archived