Brewer Fanatic

4/17/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Lohse): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win!!! Prince gets that monkey off his back and our bullpen was excellent. Nice to see the crew battle back.

I think McClung's outing has earned him the right to be called by his real name here on Brewerfan.

So since the bullpen did their job today, can we say that Yost pulled the right strings?

He normally gets the blame for not using the pen correctly when they fail. But they all did well today, so shouldn't Yost deserve some credit?

So since the bullpen did their job today, can we say that Yost pulled the right strings?

He normally gets the blame for not using the pen correctly when they fail. But they all did well today, so shouldn't Yost deserve some credit?

Yeah. I liked his moves today. Going to Shouse for Duncan should have been obvious, but he doesn't always make the obvious move.

That is as ugly of a win you will ever see, but I'll definitely take it.

Well, save for the usual Gagne Terrors, I thought it was a beaut. The bats got hotter as the game went along, bullpen was terrific (including a surprising turn by McClung), Prince gets his well-timed first homer...

Personally, I think Yost outmanaged LaRussa today. He walked Pujols in the 9th, where LaRussa pitched to Prince in the 8th(bloop double or not). That proved costly in the 10th when he didn't have Flores left to pitch to Prince. While I'm not a big proponent of the bunt, he used it well in the 8th (Hardy), and I think LaRussa probably should've bunted with Miles in the 10th.

Great game. Just some thoughts at the end.

1. McClung with the game of his life

2. LaRussa is on to Yost's schemes/in his head

3. I was in shock that we were still in the game when Counsell and the Hurricane doubled, we were getting completely dominated to that point

Also I said to my buddy when Thompson had Prince 0-2 and kept giving him strikes that it was like he was just pokin' the bull and he was gonna regret it. For once I was right. One of the most satisfying wins this year.

This game went from one of the worst games of the season to one of the best.

Craig Counsell, I am sorry for all the bad things I said about you last year!

3-3 road trip so far. Not Bad!!!

Not bad at all....If Weeks continues to slop it around out there, it's nice to know we've got Counsell on board. And yes.....this may happen. I hope it doesn't though.

Shouse only throwing one pitch, gets the win.

That's funny.

get the stat guys working to see how many times that's happened before.

Vizcaino did it at least once in 2002 and I think twice, maybe even back to back. I know it shouldn't be that hard to remember every win that year.

Archived