Brewer Fanatic

4/17/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Lohse): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, never have I heard Ueck sounding so old. He's messing up names (Seth McClung=Nate McClouth), and on plays where there is a lot of action, he's just so slow on the description. Often times you hear the crowd roaring before he comes in with what happened. And while he's never been perfect on the names, I don't recall him being this bad at actually calling the game. It just seems like he's speaking slower, and really unsure of himself. Hate to see it, but the guy's like 70 plus. It was bound to happen sometime. Anyone else agree?

He's getting pretty bad at painting a picture for the listener, but hes still hilarious. I'm torn - I grew up on the guy

while it sucks i due agree, it is starting to sound like your grandpa who retells the same funny story about you every time you see him. First time i noticed it was the last time he was The Tonight Show, his jokes were somewhat forced and only got token laughs.

Is Gagne warming up if we score?

Yes

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

too bad we didn't bunt him over

but we had a better chance for four runs that inning by not bunting

--nothing like being arrogant and combative. needed one run.

That's why it's in blue. That means sarcasm. One run would have won this game. First inning, don't bunt. Ninth inning, bunt.

Archived