Brewer Fanatic

4/17/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Lohse): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
You have a better chance of a big inning with runners on first and second with no outs than with second and third with one out
But you have a better chance of scoring 2 runs to tie the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd and your #3 and #4 hitters coming up.

It's just another chance for all the Yost bashers to take unnecessary shots at him.

Bunting there was such an easy decision. Down 2 with runners on first and 2nd with your number 2 hitter up who is hitting .180 is a bunting situation in the world series, regular season, college, high school, babe ruth, little league, nintendo, playstation, sega, and even tee-ball.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah anyone besides Hardy, Hall, or Kendall you let them swing away, but I liked the move.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

It's just another chance for all the Yost bashers to take unnecessary shots at him.

Isn't this better than only criticizing the move if the outcome doesn't work out? If Hardy popped up the bunt, a lot more people probably would have complained. I criticized it because I think it's the wrong move always, not because of the outcome either way.

so during the pitching change... what happens when gallardo comes back... i saw three opportunities to make a statement by bush, villa and parra... none really stepped up, did they?

I have a feeling that this means Manny goes back to Nashville. Partly because of his last 2 outings, and mostly because of his options.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Boy, never have I heard Ueck sounding so old. He's messing up names (Seth McClung=Nate McClouth), and on plays where there is a lot of action, he's just so slow on the description. Often times you hear the crowd roaring before he comes in with what happened. And while he's never been perfect on the names, I don't recall him being this bad at actually calling the game. It just seems like he's speaking slower, and really unsure of himself. Hate to see it, but the guy's like 70 plus. It was bound to happen sometime. Anyone else agree?

Isn't this better than only criticizing the move if the outcome doesn't work out? If Hardy popped up the bunt, a lot more people probably would have complained. I criticized it because I think it's the wrong move always, not because of the outcome either way.

Yeah, but the problem there is that it's Hardy that messes up not Yost. It's not like he had a terrible bunter laying down the sacrifice there. He was putting his guys in the right situation there.

Boy, never have I heard Ueck sounding so old. He's messing up names (Seth McClung=Nate McClouth), and on plays where there is a lot of action, he's just so slow on the description. Often times you hear the crowd roaring before he comes in with what happened. And while he's never been perfect on the names, I don't recall him being this bad at actually calling the game. It just seems like he's speaking slower, and really unsure of himself. Hate to see it, but the guy's like 70 plus. It was bound to happen sometime. Anyone else agree?

He's getting pretty bad at painting a picture for the listener, but hes still hilarious. I'm torn - I grew up on the guy

Archived