Brewer Fanatic

4/17/08 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Lohse): 12:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
All that sac bunt did was make it so the Brewers won't take the lead. And leave first base open for Prince.

What it did was put the tieing runs in scoring position for your two best hitters. Smart move, that turned out to be the right move.

who is to say JJ doesn't get a hit. It was a stupid move. Down 2 to give up an out.

The way he's been hitting, who says he doesn't ground into a double play and completely kill the rally. Which was way more likely. Smart move.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who is to say JJ doesn't get a hit. It was a stupid move. Down 2 to give up an out.
Who is to say JJ doesnt hit into a DP? It was the right move

who is to say JJ gets the bunt down. I guess this is a difference in baseball opinion. Mine is right and yours is wrong

All that sac bunt did was make it so the Brewers won't take the lead. And leave first base open for Prince.

What it did was put the tieing runs in scoring position for your two best hitters. Smart move, that turned out to be the right move.

many many people beg to differ

Who is to say JJ doesn't GIDP, or strike out? I would much rather take my chances with the tieing run on 2nd with the two best hitters coming up. Not to mention, JJ is hitting below .200, so it's not like he's been ripping the cover off the ball.

who is to say JJ gets the bunt down. I guess this is a difference in baseball opinion. Mine is right and yours is wrong

Whatever you say dude

This is generally why I never give up on a 3 run game. IT might look bleak but it's not impossible. A lot of work left, though.

wow that was one of the worst at bats ever! did he even swing?

And if he swings at the first pitch and pops up, it's also "the worst AB ever." Let's be honest with ourselves. As fans, we care about the outcome more than anything else.

Did Joe Dillon really just watch three straight pitches right down the pipe?

I'm pulling for Mota to have a short, uneventful inning here. Come on, Guillermo!

Edit: no bones for Joe Dillon. Survey SAYS: those were all good pitches.

And if he swings at the first pitch and pops up, it's also "the worst AB ever."

Yeah, people were going nuts earlier in the game because the Brewers weren't taking pitches.

To be fair, those were three of the cleanest strikes I've seen in this game, though.

Exactly, we care about the outcome. Sac bunts give up an out, and there's not even a guarantee of moving up the runners. He could pop up the bunt, the runner could be forced out at third, etc. Much better odds just swinging away.

Nothing like being arrogant and combative when the move proved out to be right.

Archived