Brewer Fanatic

Do we still want Prince and Braun on Long Term Contracts?

twobrewers
Newsflash: Prince is a fat guy. Prince always has been a fat guy, and Prince always will be a fat guy.

Sloppy Fat...what does that even mean? He looks like the same fat guy he was last year, and will be next year.

You can be fat and look like Bam Bam Bigelow, or you can be fat and look like John Candy. I know which one I would take in a fight (yes, I know they are both deceased http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

After 13 games, has anyone changed their mind? p/quote]

No, but I draw the line at 15. If they don't hit 4 HRs in the next two days we need to DFA them.

Seriously, I wait until half the season is over before I worry. If one of them is hitting .222 at the ASB, it's time to panic. I agree that it seems Prince is more "soft". Either there is less mussle under the fat or more fat over the mussle, from a visual inspection. I never thought we would sign him, anyway. And there isn't much reason to sign Braun so far before arbitration starts anyway. The era of drafting a stud and keeping him throughout his career ala Yount are over. Especially for a non-major market team like the Brewers. We have to accept that we will be lucky to keep one minor stud ala Hart, Weeks (until he puts it together), or CV for a large part of his career. We can probably keep one Jenkins at a time.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Prince may have gained weight or maybe he is wearing a sloppy looking loose uniform.
Actually, that is kinda my point. He started out with the really baggy uniform. Maybe he just wanted to try something new - but maybe he was hiding something.

Lately he has been wearing more *normal* looking uniforms. It is recently that I have really thought he looked fatter.

Note: I am not saying Prince isn't going to be good this year, or for years to come. My point is entirely that IF he is already gaining weight - that could be a big indicator of problems to come in regards to his career path. I think most agree he will get too big at some point in his career...the question is when.

Archived