Brewer Fanatic

4/16/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Unfortunately, I have that same feeling tonight. Villanueva has just been okay, and Wainwright isn't exactly a pitcher you want to see to break out of a slump (or whatever you want to call hitting woes after a handful of games.)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Milwaukee Bucks: Where nothing happens

The Milwaukee Bucks: Where a waste of money happens

I could go on and on. Thankfully this is the last time they will bump the Crew. I got a bad feeling about tonights Brewers game but I am still hoping for the best.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but Prince will continue to walk 4 times a game if the guy hitting directly behind him is Mr. 0-4, 2 DP, 2 K. I really wish Hart would get moved back up to 5.

"I'm not going to flip guys if they have a bad night or two bad nights or a bad week. I'm going to stay constant with what we're trying to accomplish." -Ned Yost

Which is what, Ned?

the undiscernable white noise in the background is starting to coalesce into whispers... the Yost grumbling; the Simmons chants coming from afar.

If anybody needs "a day off to relax" it's Billy-rally killing-Hall. His contributions / production is SO ENORMOUSLY skewed by his 2 HR / 6 RBI day. My biggest problem with his at-bats was that they just so utterly destroyed an inning's potential (as most double plays tend to do).

Without getting too crazy into a line-up thread... why not reward Dillon for putting together (surprise!) the best at-bats againt the Cards? 2 slot or 5 hole...either is justifiable. But the Ned Yost uber-stubbornness remains his least endearing quality.

When the lineup was put up on the JSonline blog, he included the line "Maybe Gross can finally get his third hit." I wonder if the writer (Haudricourt?) is annoyed about something.

He's known as the Prince of Darkness in town for a reason. He's just got a real biting kind of sarcasm. If the Brewers were undefeated I think he'd still quip/complain about something. He's perfect for Milwaukee.

Archived