Brewer Fanatic

4/16/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Cardinals (Wainwright): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008season/pitchers416.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/standingsscoreboard.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/brewersnews.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/gamepreview.jpg
Sportsline.com Preview
MLB.com Preview
Brewers Press Pass

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/mediacoverage.jpg
TV: WMLW 41
Radio: 620 WTMJ (Brewers Radio Network)
Internet: Live Boxscore, MLB Gameday 2008, ESPN Gamecast
Sportsline Gamecenter

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/fansites.jpg
CardsClubhouse.com

BEAT THE CARDINALS!!

Sorry, I don't have to time to make the rest of the IGT

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After two off days it will be nice to have baseball being played again tonight.

Oh . . . wait . . . yesterday wasn't an off day? Maybe someone should have told the Brewers offense.

In any event, I think the Brew Crew will rebound tonight and erase all thoughts of yesterday's game from my mind.

why do i have a feeling wainwright is going to dominate us? oh yeah, he is a right handed pitcher http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

carlos, please dominate the cards like you did in sept 06. pretty please???

Just get more than 3 stinking hits and play some defense and I won't be as agitated as I was last night. It was ugly. Although, to be fair, the Cards were pulling some incredible defensive plays out of their butt, too. When did Adam Kennedy become Robby Alomar?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Man are we lucky to be 8-5. If we can be 8-5 without Gallardo and Cameron, and with Braun, Weeks, Fielder, and Hall all playing like crap it really is a minor miracle that we are 3 games above .500. Makes me feel pretty good about our team once Gallardo replaces Bush (hopefully) and Cameron replaces Gross/Kapler. Hart, Kapler, and Kendall have really saved us the first two weeks, although Hart was pretty ehhh just until a couple days ago. We are also still 4-3 on the road. All things considered we aren't doing to bad.

Man are we lucky to be 8-5. If we can be 8-5 without Gallardo and Cameron, and with Braun, Weeks, Fielder, and Hall all playing like crap it really is a minor miracle that we are 3 games above .500. Makes me feel pretty good about our team once Gallardo replaces Bush (hopefully) and Cameron replaces Gross/Kapler. Hart, Kapler, and Kendall have really saved us the first two weeks, although Hart was pretty ehhh just until a couple days ago. We are also still 4-3 on the road. All things considered we aren't doing to bad.

I hope you're right, fondy. But the whole vibe of this team right now makes me really nervous. They actually got a quality start out of Bush last night and could only muster three hits. It really struck me watching a bunch of these Cardinals guys, who aren't established major leaguers yet, have really good approaches at the plate and get clutch hits when they needed them. And then you watch Bill Hall with men on base or Hardy, and ...

I know its early, but I am starting to get concerned

i just hate feeling like even though we may be down 2 or 3 runs, i somtimes have absolutely zero confidence that we will put a rally together. as soon as runs 2 and 3 went up on the board for st. louis last night, my first thought was "game over", even though we still had 4 more innings left...

i just hate feeling like even though we may be down 2 or 3 runs, i somtimes have absolutely zero confidence that we will put a rally together. as soon as runs 2 and 3 went up on the board for st. louis last night, my first thought was "game over", even though we still had 4 more innings left...

We were down 4 runs to the Mets on Sunday and won that one.

I don't see why the Brewers are "lucky." They beat the crap out of the Giants, won two non-lucky games against the Cubs and only one of two wins against the Mets was lucky. Sure some players haven't been hitting well, but it doesn't mean the team is lucky they won.

I don't see why the Brewers are "lucky." They beat the crap out of the Giants, won two non-lucky games against the Cubs and only one of two wins against the Mets was lucky. Sure some players haven't been hitting well, but it doesn't mean the team is lucky they won.

If you can take a good look at our offensive numbers and convince yourself that we truely deserve to be 8-5 and haven't been at all lucky to have a .625 win % at this point then you are a stronger fan than me. And we "beat the crap" out of a team that will be lucky to win 70 games this year

Why look only at the offensive numbers, pitching numbers have something to do with it too.

Which one of the Mets wins was lucky and why?

All teams get to play crappy teams, not just the Brewers. The Cards have played Washington and SF.

Why look only at the offensive numbers, pitching numbers have something to do with it too.

Which one of the Mets wins was lucky and why?

All teams get to play crappy teams, not just the Brewers. The Cards have played Washington and SF.

Of course pitching numbers hav A LOT to do with it. I'm just saying that it is ridiculous to think that we can continue to put up the offensive numbers we have been and play .600 ball for any extended period of time. Unless you have yourself convinced that we are going to carry a team ERA of about 3. Do you really think if things stay what they have been that we will stay around .600? I think (and really hope) that we will be a good offensive team, but that ain't happenin right now!

And of course all teams play bad teams. That goes without saying. But it helps the Brewers to look better right now when they have only played 13 games and 3 of the wins came against them. And I never said anything about the Cardinals. I don't think they will finish any where near where they are now.

I think people are saying the Brewers are lucky to 8-5, because the offensive numbers have been so poor.

Not something you can necessarily point to specific games and say that play was lucky or this play was lucky.

It's more of a general...they are lucky/fortunate to be 8-5, considering how bad the offense has been so far.

Maybe fortunate is the better word. Fortunate in that the pitching has held up and has been decent enough to win some games.

Thanks to FSN, everyone outside of Milwaukee gets to see the.....Milwaukee Bucks

Who's going to win it? The Bucks! The Bucks! Light it up! Light it up!

Actually the Bucks might be able to win tonight against the T'Wolves.

Anyways I hope the Brewers offense lights up Wainwright tonight but I'm not expecting it.

We were down 4 runs to the Mets on Sunday and won that one.

Thats a valid point, but I didn't mean to imply that i get this feeling everytime they are down a few runs. against the mets, i didn't get that feeling because we had already knocked around perez a little bit and we threatened to score in pretty much every inning. what i meant is there are just those nights when the brewers hitters make an average pitcher look dominant. last night was one of those nights. there's a difference... you can just tell.

I hear ya, there are plenty of games where by the 4th or 5th you just know they aren't going to get it going that night. But that happens to every team, I think. Maybe it's a certain approach they take vs certain guys or maybe it's just bad luck. I have no idea.

Archived