Brewer Fanatic

5/15/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Phillies (Eaton): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BrewCrewIn2004... that's my line-up dude.

I love love love the role playing:

1, speed speed speed = TGJ

2, speed speed gap power = RW

3, RBI RBI RBI average = JJH

4, power power power = PF

it will stick. oh eventually it will stick.

Quote:
Gwynn lovers get to be happy tonight as the toothpick swinger gets come up and see if he can keep up his hot bat.

I'm very happy to see Tony starting. He deserves to start over Gross as long as he keeps hitting over .300 and doing all the little things right

Quote:
Gwynn should not be playing over Gross. Gwynn was the last guy taken on the team... Now after a handful of at-bats he has passed Gross?

Gwynn is hitting .394, with a .474 OBP and a .959 OPS

Gross is hitting .171 with a .348 OBP and a .662 OPS

Why exactly should Gross be playing? That stellar defense he showed last week that cost the Brewers a run?

Just because you don't like Gwynn does not mean he shouldn't play. The guy is hitting darn near .400 and gets on base nearly half the time he comes to the plate.

Why anyone would not want Counsell starting is beyond me, unless they are advocating for Hall at 3B. Have you looked at Graffanino's stats lately?

At least Counsell is an excellent fielder and has a very solid OBP (plus he's Babe Ruth with the bases loaded)

Gwynn is 13 for 33 with a .394 BA, .474 OBP and a .959 OPS

Gross is 6 for 35 with a ..171 BA, .348 OBP and a .662 OPS

why should Gross start, again?

Thank you AJ Love.

Look to all Gwynn haters Im not saying Gwynn should play everyday, Im just saying hes been hot when he has been called on and deserves to start over Gross at this point in time. Sure he was the 25th man, but he has performed and has worked his way out of that role.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Gross deserves no playing time whatsoever, and he might even get bumped by Nix if he keeps raking at AAA. Tony should be leading off, my only complaint on the lineup... besides Counsell of course, but that is a given.

Wow, big surprise. Phillies have a leadoff hitter that can get on.

You really need to chill out. Weeks has an OBP over. 350, just because he struck out to start the game suddenly he's a terrible leadoff hitter.

Not to get on anyone's side, but a .350 OBP is not great when talking about a leadoff hitter.

Considering Weeks has been slumping for most of the year, and the guy basically insinuated that Weeks never gets on base, .350 isn't too bad. I just get angry when people make judgments based on one at-bat.

Archived