Brewer Fanatic

Report: jaybird2001wi to Oak Creek

jaybird2001wi
For those of who know already, I am in Racine and may be moving closer to Miller Park (closer than Racine obviously) within the next couple months. My coworker has a spot on his lease and I may be moving to Oak Creek sometime in June or July near 13th St. Are there any decent places to hang out around the area? Any good sports bars where any of you folks hang out during Brewer games? I know the Milwaukee area and surrounding communities very well since I have worked up there for almost three years now, but have never actually spent a good portion of my time aside from work and stuff, so I just know some landmarks and a few fast food places in certain areas.

I will guess your around 13th and puetz. There is a decent place I have had some fun at called Jim Dandys. South Milwaukee is nearby and has Spirits - I havent been there recently but sportsradio 1250 seems to go there from time to time and they advertise quite a bit. Food wise they have Ervs mug(pub) has great fish frys and great beers but the TVs are horrid. Georgie Porgys(no alcohol) has great hot dogs.

Some other sports bars are Coaches on 13th - pretty good place and Rookies is a good time on Howell and Howard.

I am probably not the best one to ask anymore - I have 3 kids 2 dogs and 2 cats and are trying to start our own house cleaning and doggy doo business so my "going out" usually boils down to playing the 360 with some buddies.

Not that I've been there, but a buddy of mine just moved to Oak Creek and can't stop talking about Erv's Mug. I don't seem to remember what it was that he was raving about though.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

that was my initial thought also. I don't know how (or why) it got off on a different tangent. I'm hoping you guys were just trying to be funny.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Never been to golden lion but I would bet that its a good time.

P.S. - Believe it or not - picking up dog doo as a business is probably one of the ultimate low cost startups. We feel as though we are improving the quality of kids and pets lives as well as the adults in the house. When kids cant play catch in the yard without stepping in crap, thats a problem. We also clean homes and do midday visits for pets. Middays often prevents owners from coming home to a chewed up mess or crap on the floor and is a fraction of the cost of these doggie daycares they have out there.

Archived