Brewer Fanatic

FSN Final Score or ESPN SportsCenter? Which do you watch?

I watch the garbage that ESPN throws on SC. I still think ESPN is the most up to date in terms of breaking news and that's a large part of why I choose that. I can look through the "bias" that some claim ESPN has. They tailor their product to large markets and not Wisconsin. It's a business and by and large it's been quite successful.

we have Sportscenter on when we go to bed (unless there's a late ballgame still on) and turn it on in the morning while we get ready for work, but that's about all the ESPN we watch, save for the occasional BBTN or a ballgame (hoops, football, baseball).

Never tried FSN Final Score.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Final Score is only a half hour, so it's comparable to ESPNews more than it is Sportscenter. That said, none of the above are perfect but I probably catch Final Score more often just because it's quicker. I can get my sports "news" on the internet. I only watch it for highlights.

And yes, ESPN is a business that caters to the east coast. They are very successful. To me that doesn't mean I should support it. If anything I'd try to make them less successful. I have no ties to the ESPN empire, what do I care if they succeed or fail? It's not like they try very hard to be good at what they do, they have a virtual monopoly on 24 hours sports programming.

I grew up watching ESPN, so that's what I gravitate toward. It doesn't mean I like all of their content, but I still like Sportscenter. I've watched FSN highlight shows, and I must say, I'm not impressed. I just don't care much for FSN period. What I have found in watching the Brewers, and Bucks (less frequently) is that their picture is of poor quality (maybe it's just me), and I find it unwatchable. One thing I like about ESPN Sportscenter, and ESPN in general, is that the picture quality is crisp, clean, and bright; it's not dull and dark like FSN. Perhaps I put too much emphasis in that, but at least when I watch ESPN I don't have to squint to see what they are showing. Perhaps I'm the only one with this viewpoint, but it is what it is.
Follow me on Twitter

I stopped watching ESPN after graduating from college. The only time I remember watching them is during a Brewers game or when they have a live football game. I get all of my information from BF.net Major League forrums. I have MLB.tv so I can watch whatever highlights I care about.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I watch FSN as I am eating in the morning and usuallly in a hurry. As far as I know it was the first of the two channels mentioned to have the info on the side and also I dont want fluff in the morning. It gets recorded overnite and therefore I can pick and choose which stories/hilites I want to watch.

As a sidebar, anybody remember one of the FSN talking heads on this show from ESPN or News? Danielle Sargent was the former four letter employee who happened to show up at FSN shortly after she spewed out a fbomb. I recognize that voice anywhere.

In high school I watched SC religiously, now I rarely have it on. I only watch ESPN for actual games, or sometimes BBTN just for highlights, but also for their top-notch insights. But really though FSN in general has bad production, the only thing I ever watch on there are Brewer games, and we all know how beautifully those broadcasts have been run.

I would watch fsn final score if they got rid of thing on the right hand side of the screen. In SD this really takes away from the highlight. Maybe if FSN was in HD like sportscenter, I would probably watch it.

Is it in HD on fsn HD?

I don't watch either. FSN Final Score looks like it was put together by interns not yet qualified to do the crappy production job that FSN Wisconsin is currently serving us.

SC has too many of the sports I hate in basketball, hockey and the "Driving With The Wheel Turned To The Left For 4 hours" championships.

Baseball Tonight is the one for me.......unless Berman's on, in which case I find an excuse to rearrange my sock drawer or alphabetize some DVDs. How the hell that man still has a job is beyond me.

When FSN proves to me they can manage to put the camera on the batter for every single pitch during a game I'll consider watching any other program that airs on that station. Until then, Sportscenter has some idiots giving analysis, but it's still the best show of it's kind on TV. And Scott van Pelt is a funny, funny man.

Baseball Tonight is the one for me.......unless Berman's on, in which case I find an excuse to rearrange my sock drawer or alphabetize some DVDs. How the hell that man still has a job is beyond me.

Yeah I am one of the biggest anti-Berman peole you will find. I don't know why he has been in for Ravech on Sunday nights lately.

And Scott van Pelt is a funny, funny man.

I will say that I do enjoy the work he and John Buchigros (sp?) do together when they host.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I only catch Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN2 when I get up before I go to work and listen to them in the car. I like Outside the Lines though and the Sunday morning Sports Center because of the guy that does OTL is hosting SC.

The only show I really watch is Baseball tonight. Those guys are good with the exception of Eric Young. I love Gammons, the guy knows the game and is great to listen to. It doesnt really matter to me when it comes to highlights to be honest. But I find myself watching more espn news than anything.

John Buchigros (sp?)

Buccigross http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I enjoy Van Pelt's style, but it's the contant harping on baseball 'truths' and old 'knowledge' that bugs me about ESPN.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived