Brewer Fanatic

5/16/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Phillies (Hamels): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is almost sacreligious on here, but does anyone think that Hardy's defense might be a bit overrated? That's his 4th on the year, and it costed us a run. Weeks, by comparison, has 1. I know SS is a tougher position to play, and Hardy does make some great plays, but I don't think he's a Gold Glove SS at this point in his career yet.

Quote:
Hardy's defense might be a bit overrated

I'll bite... yes. And Mench (as seen there on another assist) and Weeks have both been better than expected. Funny how this stuff plays out, but we'll see how it averages out over the year. I'm still waiting for Rickie's bat to heat up. That has got to turn around soon.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I'm not saying it's BAD by any means, or even not good. I'm just saying, the way people talk about it, you'd think think that he's a shoo-in for 12 gold gloves in his career. Seems to me that just like any other shortstop, he makes some very nice plays, but still boots one every so often.

Archived