Brewer Fanatic

4/15/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and strikeouts! which is impressive on this team!

Well, it's not like Hart was doing anything until last game.

I actually thought Yost's reasoning for Hall at 5 and Hart at 6 made some sense (I believe it was discussed during the first game of the season on ESPN2). A lot depends on who bats 7th. Hardy is normally a good contact hitter and doesn't tend to strike out all that much (yeah, so far he's been a bit cold at the plate). Knowing that, it's good to have a guy like Hart, a very good hitter and a tremendous base runner, ahead of him. That way, there are more opportunities for Hart to do his thing on the base paths and Hardy is typically a good guy to have up to help move the runner over or even do a hit-and-run.

I really have no problem with the batting order. Obviously, there are some problems with Hall 5th and Hart 6th, but there would be other problems if you switched them.

Well, I am pretty sure Ned said Hall was btting 5th based on his hitting in spring training. I think that is pretty dumb, I would rather base it on all of last season than meaningless spring training. Maybe we should have cut Sheets based on spring.

And for the record the Hall/Hart lineup is my only complaint about Ned this season.

I think it would be cool to have a camera set up in Cameron's hotel room... just lounging on the bed, destroying the mini-bar, perusing a periodical perhaps, following him down to the pool or over to the ice machine with an MLB.tv iPhone, studying pitching charts with some reading glasses...

I probably missed this before, but why is Jim Powell pimping Sports Bubbler, and not Brewerfan.net, as he should be?

Is it because it's affiliated with Road Runner? Or are they an official sponsor of the Brewers broadcasts?

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I was hoping Bill would say the answer to "What's the biggest advantage to hitting the pitcher eighth" that "well, when you have a catcher that hits like me, your pitcher gives you a better chance of getting on base, so you want your better hitters up a notch in the order". Alas, he did not speak these words...

Archived