Brewer Fanatic

4/15/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Well, it only took 62 posts for our first "haha, see it's in blue so I'm being sarcastic" ________sucks. I just don't see what these types of posts bring to the IGT. Maybe it's just me...

I agree. While the IGTs don't need to have quite the level of decorum as the rest of the board, there's no reason to just post to post. Please put some thought into it and don't try to be cute with every post.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know we criticized Ned for how freely he changed the lineup, but i have just as equally a big of a problem with him batting Dillon #3 when he wants to give Braun the day off. I'd rather have Hall, Hart, or Hardy possibly get an extra AB than Joe Dillon.

I recall Ned stating how he likes to rest regulars the day after an off day to give them two days off, I think that's what we are seeing with Braun, who could probably use the time to get the bad hitting thoughts out of his head.

I still like the lineup. Dillon is a pretty darn good hitter, maybe I would switch him and Hart just for this one day. Since the Brewers haven't played since Sunday afternoon I will be immensly disappointed if we are losing like 6-0 after the 3rd inning. This game has taken a long time to get here. Off days suck

Gotta love the comments in TH's blog - people are concerned that Braun is sitting because a trade is in the works.

Wow!

And people around me wonder why I call the average Milwaukee sports fan an idiot.

Trade Braun. You know, I actually heard it's a package deal. Braun and Sheets to the Yankees for A-Rod.

Love the alphabetical lineup. I'm headed to see the sCrUBS vs. Harang to enjoy the nice weather. Hopefully they end up tying.

Any thoughts about Turnbow? Why hasn't Yost used him at all? I'm not questioning Yost (that issue has been addressed I believe); I'm just wondering if Turnbow is the odd man out in the pen except in games that we're out of. Maybe we're keeping him fresh so he can peak at the right time this year.

Formerly Andersoc420

And That, I was making a joke referring to a few posts before.. I dont see what the big deal is really, I will act more professional...but whats wrong with having fun and making a joke?

It might be funny if you do it once, but I reference the previous IGT as evidence that repetition doesn't make it any funnier than it was the first time.

jhart05 wrote:

And people around me wonder why I call the average Milwaukee sports fan an idiot.

Hmmm... I'm trying to figure out if I should be insulted by that comment? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Does this include "average fans" of Milwaukee professional sports teams or just "average fans" living in the Greater Milwaukee Area?

since he's good at the alphabet.

Yeah LaRussa thinks that their are two Z's in there. That audio bit is so hilarious, love it when Jim Rome plays the sound bite.

Im okay with Dillon playing and Braun getting a day off. Braun won't sit much so a day off this early after a team day off could be a good thing for him.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm kind of glad to see Braun on the bench. He's obviously pressing a bit too much and is not being selective at all. There was one sequence in the last Mets game where he swung and missed at a breaking ball that was low and off the outside corner for strike 2 and then watched a fast ball for strike 3 on the inside of the plate. He needs a day off because he won't be succesful very often with that type of approach.

Regardless of how much people complain about it, Yost is never going to shuffle the lineup positions around just because someone is getting a day off. So whoever is batting for Braun is going to hit 3rd, etc. Just accept it and move on. Besides, for 1 game it's pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Archived