Brewer Fanatic

4/15/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
At this point, I don't think there's anything anyone could possibly say that would make me feel like Turnbow should get a chance or be on the roster. There's a whole thread in the Major Leagues forum with people justifying him and I just can't see how anyone can be that delusional anymore. First it was fatigue. Then it was mental. Then he was ok if he started an inning and didn't inherit runners. None of those excuses are holding up...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trowekamp - did i take off august? Or did u take off April, May, June, July, and September? 801 runs in 2007, 5th in the national league

I completely agree with you.. you had mentioned when is the last time the struggled to score runs and I simply pointed out an entire month when it seemed difficult.

I guess my point is that this will be short-lived and even with it they are 8-5 so far, wait until the bats wake up.. I am guessing on game 26 is when they break out.

People who wonder where the offense is, should wonder why on April 15th, Ryan Braun needed a mental break...after a day off mind you. Ned Yost is a reach.

For the record, I agree with you NDOG, Yost rests too many, too early.

Might as well bench Fielder, Hall, Hardy, and Weeks then too.

2B--Iribarren

CF--Kapler

LF--Gross

1B--Dillon

3B--Counsell

RF--Hart

SS--Rivera

P

C--Kendall

That'd probably get everyone's attention.

I'm with you for the most part, but Fielder's been putting the ball in the field, though some spectacular defense has stolen some hits. I'm not too worried yet about the no HR thing. And I think Rickie's doing what he's supposed to do: He's getting on base, whether by HBP, hits or BB.

But yeah, Bill can sit too IMO, though our defense has been bad enough...

At this point, I don't think there's anything anyone could possibly say that would make me feel like Turnbow should get a chance or be on the roster. There's a whole thread in the Major Leagues forum with people justifying him and I just can't see how anyone can be that delusional anymore. First it was fatigue. Then it was mental. Then he was ok if he started an inning and didn't inherit runners. None of those excuses are holding up...

We get it, you arent really a fan of any of the players on this team.

And you got that from where exactly???

2B--Iribarren

CF--Kapler

LF--Gross

1B--Dillon

3B--Counsell

RF--Hart

SS--Rivera

P

C--Kendall

That'd probably get everyone's attention.

I'm with you for the most part, but Fielder's been putting the ball in the field, though some spectacular defense has stolen some hits. I'm not too worried yet about the no HR thing. And I think Rickie's doing what he's supposed to do: He's getting on base, whether by HBP, hits or BB.

But yeah, Bill can sit too IMO, though our defense has been bad enough...

Im so glad you dont run the team, you'd release anyone who went 1-12 over a three game series.

Well, maybe it wasnt you who said it, but you think Braun is a cocky player who cant back it up and isnt doing what a ROY should do (after 12 games). you hate Turnbow. You think Hall and Weeks and Hardy should benched in favor or COunsell, Dillon and Irribarren.

Simba kinda reminds me of Anne Boleyn's father on 'The Tudors'.

In other news, I've kind of resigned myself to not being able to feel good about innings 7+ this season if the margin is plus/minus3 runs.

By July Bush and Pena will be filling those spots so you can look forward to that.

My question is why does Hardy get a free ride. Outside of 3 months over the last 3+ years he's been downright horrible on offense and his defense is hardly worth writing home about. It's time we seriously look into replacing his mediocre butt.

B/C I'm clearly the only one on here frustrated with Bill Hall. Why don't you keep your personal attacks to yourself.

Personal attacks? I just stated that after reading a stream of your posts that you dont seem like you like any of the players. Hardly a personal attack.

RyDogg66 wrote:

Well, maybe it wasnt you who said it, but you think Braun is a cocky player who cant back it up and isnt doing what a ROY should do (after 12 games). you hate Turnbow. You think Hall and Weeks and Hardy should benched in favor or COunsell, Dillon and Irribarren.

I don't think that Ryan Braun can't back it up, I think he's been extremely impatient at the plate, which I have said a few times now and therefore I don't have a problem with him sitting for a day to stew and realize that this isn't going to come easy and he needs to settle down. He IS cocky and so far he's not backing it up. That doesn't mean I don't think he can nor does it mean I'm writing it off. It means that I feel that letting him think about what he needs to do to be a stud is ok. It's one game, so I have no problem with him being sat. His head is not in the right spot to start the season and if I'm his manager, I'm going to try and shake him out of it. I don't think this is a bad move by Ned. Something's got to get Ryan moving.

I do dislike Turnbow and I won't apologize for it. I said earlier why I think this and I'm not even in the minority. He lost it and for a team with this "do or die" attitude that we had coming into this season where we have to win now or never, I can't comprehend sticking with Derrick. I think it's contradictory to all our other moves to make this a playoff team NOW.

I don't think we should replace anyone in the roster. As I said earlier, I'm frustrated because I know how good this team can and should be. I think Bill and Corey should be switched in the lineup. I think that if we're going to sit Ryan because of poor plate performance, the same thing should be discussed for Bill.

Well I know it is easy to speak out of frustration during a game like this, but we are going to lose at least 65 more of these , probably more, and even though Braun, Fielder and Hardy havent been hitting at all we are 8-5.

Id be more worried about the fact that we make below average right handed pitchers look like Roger Clemens.

Disappointing night...go get them tomorrow. Like I said, with how much bad luck they've had against the Cards lately, I'd be happy to get out of St. Louis with a win and no injuries. I just can't believe the Cards are 10-4 right now.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived