Brewer Fanatic

4/15/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that Hart is perfectly suited to bat 5th, where Hall fits best 6th regardless of early results.

Exactly. That move never made sense to me. Hart could be another leadoff hitter after Fielder homers. Hall is just a low OBP free swinger with some nice pop. He should be 6th.

This game has been really frustrating, especially because we've had base runners constantly via walks....not that the pitching spot hitting 8th has anything to do with todays lackluster offense (even though bush did come up with 2 on and 2 out his first 2 at bats)and switching braun/fielder... why would we alter our lineup from last year? I don't recall us struggling to score runs...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Since Yost already switched Braun/Fielder back to how they were last year, how long until he puts the pitcher back in the 9 hole?

Sitting Ryan Braun on April 15th after a day off with no injury is silly. Joe Dillon went 1-3? Great. Still stupid, especially in a game no matter how early against the team that is in your way of first place. Especially when your worst SP is pitching...yep, let's bench the best hitter on the team for a mental break. Dumb.

And that Hart is perfectly suited to bat 5th, where Hall fits best 6th regardless of early results.

Yes.. the only argument I can think of for not batting Hart fifth is that with Fielder in front of him it may limit his baserunning opportunities. I could even be talked into batting billy 3rd for a week so he can get right on a steady diet of fastballs in front of Prince.

On a side note.. we know see why Turnbow is the 6th option in the bullpen right now.

This game has been really frustrating, especially because we've had base runners constantly via walks....not that the pitching spot hitting 8th has anything to do with todays lackluster offense (even though bush did come up with 2 on and 2 out his first 2 at bats)and switching braun/fielder... why would we alter our lineup from last year? I don't recall us struggling to score runs...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Since Yost already switched Braun/Fielder back to how they were last year, how long until he puts the pitcher back in the 9 hole?

Apparently you took off August from watching baseball last year.

For like 3 days prior to the switch Yost was adamant that he was leaving Braun and Fielder as is. They asked to be moved and that's the only reason he was willing to make the change. Yost said on multiple occasions that Braun was going to get more time to settle in. I'm thinking Ryan and Prince were hoping he'd see it wasn't working and when Yost publicly said he wasn't going to change it, they took matters into their own hands. Ned doesn't get credit for the change.

Sitting Ryan Braun on April 15th after a day off with no injury is silly. Joe Dillon went 1-3? Great. Still stupid, especially in a game no matter how early against the team that is in your way of first place. Especially when your worst SP is pitching...yep, let's bench the best hitter on the team for a mental break. Dumb.

Not in about 7 months or so...

I have been a Turnbow hater for two years with many posts and many arguments that are too many to count.

Will the guys that said this guy was good just admit you were wrong.

I have been wrong. Heck, I though gabe Gross was a solid 4th OF at one time.

Forgive me, I don't get what you're saying. Ryan Braun isn't a stud all of a sudden because of a slowish start?

No, he hasn't been a stud. He had a stud season and thus far hasn't been able to show that he can keep it up. His plate choices have sucked and he's not doing what a ROY should be doing for his team. His cockiness is well-known and maybe he needs a seat to remember that he has to back up that swagger. He does up no good if he can't stop striking out.

Archived