Brewer Fanatic

5/17/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Phillies (Garcia): 2:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thablingster beat me to The Rock reference to Garcia....let's beat him like a rented mule! Make up for the lack of hits last night! TGJ 3-4 in the leadoff spot today, 2 SB and 2 runs scored. Being optimistic, I know, but why not?

Quote:
Please, I am eating lunch. Good to see TGJ where he belongs, but CC, Graffy, and Gross all in the lineup at the same time? Along with Sheets batting 9th, this lineup has more holes than the protective netting behind home plate. Please baseball gods, make it so this will be the last time it happens.

You want weak lineups, check out the Mets lineup against the Cubs today. 5 guys batting .217 or less in the starting lineup. That's what happens when they sit Reyes, Beltran, and Wright in the same game.

I just don't understand why Yost cannot bring himself to move Weeks in the lineup. Weeks does not need a day off, he just had one on Saturday. He needs to be moved out of the leadoff spot. Yost... Dee Dee Dee!

One more things baseball gods... please let one of the following two things be true: 1) Gabe Gross gets 2+ hits today or 2) Gabe Gross does not come back to Milwaukee with the Brewers. That's not too much to ask, is it?

You want weak lineups, check out the Mets lineup against the Cubs today. 5 guys batting .217 or less in the starting lineup. That's what happens when they sit Reyes, Beltran, and Wright in the same game.

Ah yes, very true. But one is the pitcher that doesn't have any ABs, and Delgado is another (he did pretty much win the game for them on Friday). I honestly can't belive Franco is still playing at 47 years old.

By the same rationale, I'd be fine with a lineup that leads off w/ Gwynn and bumps Weeks into the three hole.

I'm not so sure that anyone would want to see Weeks in the 3 spot right now. He is far from our best hitter currently.

Quote:
settle down mike, your man love for Benny has been acknowledged.

I've stated several times I'm not a huge ben sheets fan, but I wouldn't expct you to remember everything that every poster says.

Facts are facts though. he's been a great pitcher since 2001.

Quote:
I just don't understand why Yost cannot bring himself to move Weeks in the lineup. Weeks does not need a day off, he just had one on Saturday. He needs to be moved out of the leadoff spot.

I strongly agree. I'm all for Gwynn leading off, but let Rickie play and bat him 6th or 7th.

I dont understand why many of you dont want Weeks hitting leadoff. Yes his batting average is low right now but that will improve dramatically and his OBP is excellent considering the average. Im thrilled that TGJ has been plaing so well but the sample size just isnt big enough for me to be completely sold. Weeks is among the league leaders in runs scored so he is doing a solid job as the leadoff man.

I dont understand why many of you dont want Weeks hitting leadoff.

Probably because most people like their leadoff hitters to not K seemingly every other AB. We like guys who set the table, take a walk, and not look clueless up there with off-speed pitches.

something needs to be done to spice things up. TGJ will be in the lineup. Mench has stuggled of late. Id drop Weeks to 6th today and bat Gwynn leadoff.

Today is the day for Ben to prove he is the ace of this staff.

All is not lost in beerville. We are only 1/2 game behind the best in the NL. We knew things were going to come down a little bit from where we were a week ago, I just dont think many would of though it would of been like this.

Here is today's official lineup:

Gwynn

Counsell

Hardy

Fielder

Estrada

Jenkins

Gross

Graffy

Sheets

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

We scored 12 runs last time with that lineup. Why are people bashing it?

Close, the only difference being Gross was not in the lineup, Bill Hall was.

Edit: But Gross did keep a late rally going by getting HBP. If he does that 3 or 4 times today I would call that a success.

Anybody see the lineup the Mets have out there today against the Cubs.

No Reyes. No Wright. No Beltran. No LaDuca.

It's almost as if the Mets fear the Brewers and want to help the Cubs.

As for the Brewers, having to play both Counsell and Graffanino in the same lineup just says: bring up Braun, now!

I have no problem with this lineup, as long as it isn't everytime a RHP hits the mound.

You could see Rickie and Hall both pulling off the ball last night. Mench was too, but he doesn't play everyday.

There is no way that management didn't tell these guys that Hamels has one of the best changeups in the game. It's pretty basic, hit the fastball the other way and you still may pull the changeup to left field.

Billy's foot was in the bucket so bad, he couldn't reach the outside changeup. Weeks has been trying to pull everything ever since he had that mini- hot streak.

If they don't start going the other way, there is no reason to pitch them inside.

They both need today off, in a bad way.

Archived