Brewer Fanatic

4/13/2008 Non-Brewers IGT: Jenkins batting lead-off for Phillies, Cubs steal a win today!

burniebrewer

I don't know. I've followed a few of the games and thought he had a pretty quick trigger finger at times.

Today, Marquis' pitch count was high after 5 innings, at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, with the starter having given 2 over 5 innings. That's unnecessary to me when you are trying to save your pen.

I don't know. I've followed a few of the games and thought he had a pretty quick trigger finger at times.

Today, Marquis' pitch count was high after 5 innings, at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, with the starter having given 2 over 5 innings. That's at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, unnecessary to me when you are trying to save your pen.

Marquis was absolutely terrible, the fact he somehow only gave up 2 runs doesn't change that. He pitched as poorly as Suppan did.

Today, Marquis' pitch count was high after 5 innings, at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, with the starter having given 2 over 5 innings. That's at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, unnecessary to me when you are trying to save your pen.

Marquis was absolutely terrible, the fact he somehow only gave up 2 runs doesn't change that. He pitched as poorly as Suppan did.

I don't mind seeing the Tigers choke. Everyone felt sorry for them when they were horrible. Then, they built from within, and with a couple extra free agents they made a run at world series appearance. This past offseason, they spend millions upon millions and bring in the "best" players they can get their greedy hands on. Serves them right, i see no difference between them and teams like the Yankees and Red Sox. Trying to buy a championship.

I'm glad it's not working out.

I don't mind seeing the Tigers choke. Everyone felt sorry for them when they were horrible. Then, they built from within, and with a couple extra free agents they made a run at world series appearance. This past offseason, they spend millions upon millions and bring in the "best" players they can get their greedy hands on. Serves them right, i see no difference between them and teams like the Yankees and Red Sox. Trying to buy a championship.

I'm glad it's not working out.

Just saw the highlights on baseball tonight. DeRosa hit a HR in the 6th that was clearly a foot foul! The umps got together and discussed yet still called it a HR. The Cubs went on to win in the 10th. Obviously without that HR they never would have made it to the 10th. I hope this is not a sign of how things are going to go this year? How many times last year did the Cubs pull out games late that they had no business winning? I am not sure how an ump that is standing down the 3rd base line can miss the call that badly?

Just saw the highlights on baseball tonight. DeRosa hit a HR in the 6th that was clearly a foot foul! The umps got together and discussed yet still called it a HR. The Cubs went on to win in the 10th. Obviously without that HR they never would have made it to the 10th. I hope this is not a sign of how things are going to go this year? How many times last year did the Cubs pull out games late that they had no business winning? I am not sure how an ump that is standing down the 3rd base line can miss the call that badly?

Archived