Brewer Fanatic

4/13/2008 Non-Brewers IGT: Jenkins batting lead-off for Phillies, Cubs steal a win today!

burniebrewer
Hmm, interesting. Charlie Manuel has Jenkins in the 1 hole today against the Cubs.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Hmm, interesting. Charlie Manuel has Jenkins in the 1 hole today against the Cubs.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

With a 4-2 lead & no one out in the top of the 6th, Piniella just had Ryan Theriot steal. The Phils pitched out, and Theriot was out by two full steps. I think, on balance, that I'd take Lou over Yost, but one thing Brewers fans have working for them is Lou's belief, er, 'knowledge' that putting runners in motion > outs surrendered by putting runners in motion.

He loves to hit-&-run, to 'get things going.' I have a feeling that wasted outs such as the Theriot example today, could help play a role in deciding the NL Central. I have many beefs with Ned Yost, but fortunately he at least values his outs. Sure, he'll mix in the rare double-steal or hit-&-run, but imo he does that crap much less frequently than most MLB skippers.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

With a 4-2 lead & no one out in the top of the 6th, Piniella just had Ryan Theriot steal. The Phils pitched out, and Theriot was out by two full steps. I think, on balance, that I'd take Lou over Yost, but one thing Brewers fans have working for them is Lou's belief, er, 'knowledge' that putting runners in motion > outs surrendered by putting runners in motion.

He loves to hit-&-run, to 'get things going.' I have a feeling that wasted outs such as the Theriot example today, could help play a role in deciding the NL Central. I have many beefs with Ned Yost, but fortunately he at least values his outs. Sure, he'll mix in the rare double-steal or hit-&-run, but imo he does that crap much less frequently than most MLB skippers.

Oh, and after the 3B ump incorrectly called a Mark DeRosa foul flyball a HR, Eric Bruntlett just came up in the bottom of the 6th... first pitch off Wuertz he went yard. It's now 4-3, Phils trail.

Oh, and after the 3B ump incorrectly called a Mark DeRosa foul flyball a HR, Eric Bruntlett just came up in the bottom of the 6th... first pitch off Wuertz he went yard. It's now 4-3, Phils trail.

right now, you have to question how early & often Lou has gone to his pen. Marmol has been way overworked, and they went to the pen early yet again in the 6th today.. considering all the extra innings games, it is only a matter of time before those arms are done.

right now, you have to question how early & often Lou has gone to his pen. Marmol has been way overworked, and they went to the pen early yet again in the 6th today.. considering all the extra innings games, it is only a matter of time before those arms are done.

He pretty much needs to though because their rotation isnt that good and its being compounded by them not pitching well.

He pretty much needs to though because their rotation isnt that good and its being compounded by them not pitching well.

I don't know. I've followed a few of the games and thought he had a pretty quick trigger finger at times.

Today, Marquis' pitch count was high after 5 innings, at 86.. but did he need to go to the pen at 86 pitches, with the starter having given 2 over 5 innings. That's unnecessary to me when you are trying to save your pen.

Archived