Brewer Fanatic

Last Wednesday's Game, Dish Network/HD

greeg35

Unfortunately, Dish Network did not carry Wednesday's Reds/Brewers game in HD for some reason. I could not get any answers as to why from Dish Network (they just transferred me to tech support--grrrr!!) I did get the first HD game, so I know that it is possible (and how HD and HD channels work and that I subscribe to get them). My brother who lives about 30 min north of Milwaukee had the exact same problem. It was even listed on my chanell guide a few days before (I know because I set the DVR) and it just disappeared the day of.

I'm very frustrated because this year's extensive HD brewer schedule was the #1 reason I shelled out for a nice TV. I have a message in to the FSN WI site; but haven't gotten a response so far. Any ideas why dish wouldn't carry some HD games?

That's aabout the only problem I have with them(they also seem to be no-shows during the off-season replay games the past two winters.) I got HDTV last December and have enjoyed NFL playoffs, NCAA hoops, even some NasCar, Masters, and playoff hockey in HD even though I don't even like the last three sports mentioned!

BTW - What brand and size bad boy did you purchase?

PS - Join me in chat over at Buckyville for the Brewer game today

40" (so not too huge...good for my smaller living room) 1080p, 120HZ samsung LCD. It has performed great for the HD movies and sports.

I've enjoyed those other sports too; but the brewers are #1 for me (even though I'm in green bay)

Yeah, our LR is only 12x15 " so we got a 42" Panasonic which sits in the corner of the room, otherwise I would've gone for a 46".

Agreed, I do love some of those HD movie channels on DISH.

And, I was not aware of the VOOM channels that came along for the ride when we upgraded to hi-def.

A definite bonus for no extra charge!

I got a response from Trenni on this one and she has someone looking into it on the FSN wisconsin side. In case anyone cares.

I did not notice any grousing from all of the D* owners out here that nite. It would be a E* issue and not FSNW

I got a response from Trenni on this one and she has someone looking into it on the FSN wisconsin side. In case anyone cares.

Wow. Trenni is not only blowing us away with her on-air responsibilities (& related prep-work), but she's been an invaluable contact thus far... which to me wouldn't seem like her job in any way, shape or form. We love ya Trenni!

Btw, bit of advice... if you post here or start, don't reveal who you are! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I agree that it is more of a Dish issue than a FSNWi issue, but I figure they may have some clue or maybe even have an interest in who receives their HD programming (vs who is supposed to).

Got the run-around today again from Dish Network. So far so good tonight though, the HD game feed is still listed on their guide.

I am in agreement about Trenni, great work on the air, and obviously above and beyond in customer service off of it.

Archived