Brewer Fanatic

Mmm...Nachos

ewizabeff

So I just made some pretty yummy nachos and felt the need to share. I mixed Tostitos with white queso sauce, salsa, and a cut up New Orleans style sausage. Spooned that over a single layer of chips and added some shredded cheese. Baked at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.

Yum yum yum.

Anyone else have some fantastic nacho/snack recipes?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My dad makes queso with little chopped up pieces of hot link sausages and nacho cheese. It's pretty darn tasty.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

You forgot the jalapenos!
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

So I just made some pretty yummy nachos and felt the need to share. I mixed Tostitos with white queso sauce, salsa, and a cut up New Orleans style sausage. Spooned that over a single layer of chips and added some shredded cheese. Baked at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.

I'm confused --

I mixed Tostitos with white queso sauce, salsa, and a cut up New Orleans style sausage

did you mix the chips into the queso/salsa -- or did you drizzle the queso over the chips.

If you would -- please take a picture of this before you put it in the oven, so I can see how you did this, this sounds great!

I'm confused --

I mixed Tostitos with white queso sauce, salsa, and a cut up New Orleans style sausage

did you mix the chips into the queso/salsa -- or did you drizzle the queso over the chips.

If you would -- please take a picture of this before you put it in the oven, so I can see how you did this, this sounds great!

Sometimes I think faster than I type. I used Tostitos brand white queso, mixed that with the salsa and sausage...then spooned that over the chips and added more cheese.

I actually thought about taking a picture but I was too lazy.

ideally:

- chips

- shredded nacho cheese

- Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty BBQ sauce

- Lloyd's BBQ pork

- sliced Jalapeno peppers

- zesty ranch sauce

Probably about 3,000 calories per serving, but sometimes you just gotta.

it isnt the 3000 calories per serving that is the killer there, it is that like 3 chips = a serving.

My quick and tasty nachos are i take chips and cover them with lots of shredded cheddar, top that with taco meat and nuke that in the microwave. When that's done i put some sour cream on top with a few diced black olives. It's pretty much a meal in itself.

Danzig, your nachos are just crying out for some onions.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Man, yesterday was terrible. I got two subs from Cousins and their onions are crazy strong. Of course i ordered mine without onions, but as i opened my cheese steak sub at home, i thought i smelled onion which made me very angry because i was starving and i can't just pull onions off because the disgusting taste gets on the meat and bun.

So i search the sub close and don't see onions mixed with the lettuce, i eat about half the sub when disaster strikes. A stray onion must have got mixed with the lettuce and i bit into it and chewed it, my gag reflex instantly kicks in. It was so bad, i was making gagging noises like something out of Fear Factor where a chick is trying too eat some pig @!*+, i thought for sure i was just about to yack. That damn single onion was so strong that i had to brush my teeth three times and then chew four pieces of Big Red gum before i got that horrid taste out of my mouth.

I really really hate that so many places i get food from can't seem to grasp that no onions actually means don't put onions in the food i'm buying.

what gets me is of all the places i've been in North Carolina and surrounding area, you just can't get nachos with jalapenos on them. just not available. what the heck?

also, when you get jalapenos on something else, they're not pickled like i always found in Wisconsin, which isn't necessarily a problem, but it makes them darn hot.

they're not really nachos anymore, but i often replace the chips with waffle fries and bake the whole thing in the oven. just awesome.

Archived