Brewer Fanatic

The Gabe Kapler Thread

splitterpfj
Without Gabe Kapler, subtract at least 3 wins from the Brewers record thus far.
How do you figure 3? I'm not necessarily doubting you, I'm just wondering if you looked at some formula or came up with some number on the fly.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the situation between Kapler and Mench is a little different. Mench was platooning with Jenkins for much of the season, while Kapler only has 13 games left till Cameron returns, afterwhich his role would probably revert to pinch starter, PH and defensive sub.

Though it's a small sample, Kapler has been having better ABs against righties than Gross so far. Currently, he has the hot hand against lefties and righties, and Brewers have won every game he started. I don't see any harm in letting him start the Cards series and see what happens. Gwynn is in the DL and most of the ABs in CF will go to Cameron when he returns anyway.

Gross's first 26 AB in 2006:

.385/.448/.923/1.371

I agree with your points rluz, but those numbers still don't support being hotter than Kapler at any time, which was my point... as useless as it is.

How do you figure 3? I'm not necessarily doubting you, I'm just wondering if you looked at some formula or came up with some number on the fly.

I made the number up based on his game winning rbi's (2) and his significant contribution in at least one other win, if not two.

Wow. I can't believe he asked Gabe if Braun was going to come over for Passover dinner.

I'm impressed, though. He seems very articulate, as others have mentioned.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Seems like it should be posted somewhere...

Kapler was suppose to start today at CF against a RHP. Brian and Bill on FSN mentioned really briefly that it sounded like Kapler is going to start until Cameron is back. (But I would have to think Gwynn gets a few starts yet)

However, Kapler bruised his shoulder warming up today - so he was a late scratch. Sounds like nothing serious.

• 4 months later...

EARTH TO MIKE CAMERON!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!

Patience, my young Padawan -- heading into the 8/26/08 12-0 win @ STL: .257/.345/.528/.873

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nice to see both Kapler & Cam proving Melvin right!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived