Brewer Fanatic

4/13/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Perez): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since McClung is only going to be with he club for another week might as well let him go 4 and then Turnbow for 2 but it appears they will let Suppan sacrifice and stay out there.

I still think this will be a "McBlow" game in an inning or two.

When the pitcher almost takes you yard maybe it is time for someone else to play.. give Suppan his participation award and let him hit the showers..

If we had a D playing behind him he is out of the inning a long time ago. He hasn't ptiched great but all these extra outs that we give certainly does not help the pitcher at all. He needs to pitch a couple more innings to save some innings from the bullpen.

They should have still made the plays but except for Castillo the Mets are tatooing the ball.. both the one to Rickie and Prince...

I've got the yips when I throw too. It started during my last year playing legion baseball and I haven't gotten over it. It's the strangest thing. Some days I can throw fine, others I have no confidence in where I'm throwing the ball. I didn't believe throwing a baseball was mental until this happened.

Those hits aren't as productive if the Mets aren't seemingly moving guys to the next base on every out.

It always helps to move runners over on an out, no question. I'm just saying that, even if you had replaced every productive out with a K, Suppan would have had some very bad results.

2nd Inning:

walks, double,single = 2 runs (what you'd expect)

3rd inning:

double, single, walk, single,single = 4 runs (you'd expect 3 runs).

The real story is that Suppan allowed 8 guys to get on in 2 innings, IMO.

Archived