Brewer Fanatic

4/13/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Perez): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know he got out of it but Ned still hasn't learned that when a pitcher doesn't have it you take them out, not leave them in to try to work through their troubles. If he keeps doing that it's going to bite us in the ass more than a few times this year.

Are you telling me no one was up and ready in the bullpen? That's piss poor managing.

Well.. first Riske has been up already so he is warm... most likely Yost is holding him off because he is trying to avoid burning him for a 1/3 of a inning and then only have Turnbow and McClung if Gagne blows it..

This last page or two was priceless....watching Ned manage sometimes must be like watching your teenage kid learn to drive from a distance--"Oh my God, she's gonna hit that wall, look out for that wall, what ON EARTH is she DOING?!?!?! Oh-my-God-Oh-my-God-Oh-my-God!!!!!!!!!.........Phew."

I just wish this team didn't have to win in spite of its manager. Sure, getting some help from the Mgr. spot would be gravy, but at this point, I'd take just non-harmful contribution.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I know he got out of it but Ned still hasn't learned that when a pitcher doesn't have it you take them out, not leave them in to try to work through their troubles. If he keeps doing that it's going to bite us in the ass more than a few times this year.

I agree, but you can't constantly be warming up pitchers and burning through them. The Brewers brass has said before about how they have guys now that can pitch multiple innings. I personally like the fact that he gave Mota a chance. I'm watching the Mets broadcast and I think Mota has been hated five times as much as anyone hates Turnbow. Good for Mota! I know it could've backfired, but that's part of baseball.

This last page or two was priceless....watching Ned manage sometimes must be like watching your teenage kid learn to drive from a distance--"Oh my God, she's gonna hit that wall, look out for that wall, what ON EARTH is she DOING?!?!?! Oh-my-God-Oh-my-God-Oh-my-God!!!!!!!!!.........Phew."

That assessment is pretty much right on. Except things often end with flurry of curse words rather than a "phew".

Phenomenal managing.. if everybody is going to jump on Yost when a player doesn't do his job I guess we have to give him all the credit when a player comes through.

That comment is absurd. People prove they criticize the strategy, real-time, and not just the result... and here's a response.

EDIT: And, fwiw, I think now is a great instance in which to utilize TBow.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

That assessment is pretty much right on. Except things often end with flurry of curse words rather than a "phew".

Yeah, I was about to say: the converse is that he does often, indeed, hit that wall.

Archived