Brewer Fanatic

4/13/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Mets (Perez): 12:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there will be counter-examples, but one reason to keep [[Prince ahead of Braun]] is to reduce the IBBs to Prince. Braun getting IBB'd -- imo -- has less of a negative impact than a free pass to Fielder. Prince has no trouble taking/working BBs, while that's one area in which Braun has a long way to go, and will likely not ever be better than Prince.

EDIT: [[Fixed order of Braun/Fielder]]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Games like this emphasize how important our improved bullpen depth is. Last year we'd have Spurling and Aquino out for these innings and nobody that could go more than 1 IP so the entire bullpen would be shot(if we didn't have an off day the next day that is).

Pirates have scored 5 runs on Cueto in 6 IP, he is human!

I'm sure there will be counter-examples, but one reason to keep Braun ahead of Prince is to reduce the IBBs to Prince

Prince is more likely to be IBB with Braun ahead of him than behind him.

By the way, Geoff Jenkins is hitting leadoff today. He's 1-4, but I did see him absolutely crush a line drive that got robbed by the 2B.

He flailed away at a bad pitch for a K in the 1st and popped out with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, so you saw the better part of his game.

I've realized how truly bad Braun was at third last year, I still cringe and then get excited everytime the announcer says a ball is hit to third. I'd been totally conditioned that a hit towards third = hit. Yeah Hall!

Archived